- Private DNS
- No activity or connection logs
- Public Wi-Fi safety
- VPN split tunneling
- Gigabit VPN Port Speed
- Professional support
- SOCKS5 OpenVPN Proxy
- High VPN bandwidth
- Ultra-fast connection
- Strict no-logs policy
- VPN servers everywhere
- Mask your IP
- NoBorders mode
- Protect your privacy
- Camouflage Mode
- Strict no-logs policy
- High-Speed Streaming
- Access to Restricted Content
- IP Address Protection
- High-End Encryption/NAT Firewall
Choose the Best VPN Service for Plex
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated VPN Services for Plex
0 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
Do you use Plex to stream movies and TV shows? If so, you need to be using a VPN! A VPN will keep your data safe and secure while you’re streaming. In this blog post, we will discuss the best VPN services for Plex. We’ll also tell you why it’s important to use a VPN with Plex and how to set one up. Keep reading for more information!
If you’re looking for an alternative to VyprVPN, be sure to check out ExpressVPN. It’s one of the most popular VPN providers on the market, and for good reason.
ExpressVPN offers a wide range of features, including military-grade encryption, unlimited bandwidth, and 24/7 customer support. Plus, its servers are located in over 90 countries around the world, so you’ll be able to access content from anywhere.
Moreover, ExpressVPN has a large network of servers, which makes it great for streaming. Furthermore, you can use your subscription on three devices simultaneously.
Another reason why I recommend this VPN is its high level of security and privacy protection measures. That includes military-grade encryption, DNS leak protection, an automatic kill switch feature to protect against accidental data leaks, Split Tunneling so that only the most important programs are routed through the VPN, and more!
The one downside? It’s a bit pricier than some other providers out there – but if you value your privacy and digital safety enough to pay extra for these features then I think it’s worth it.
Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access (PIA) is a low-cost VPN service with some great features. One of the best things about PIA is that it offers a free trial so you can test out the service before committing to a long-term subscription.
PIA has servers in over 70 countries, so you should be able to find a server that will work with Plex. The service also has a no-logs policy, which means your traffic and activities are never stored or monitored.
In addition, this VPN provider uses strong encryption to keep your data safe and secure. Overall, Private Internet Access is a great choice for those looking for a low-cost VPN service that offers plenty of features.
NordVPN is a great alternative to ExpressVPN. It has a strong security protocol and provides high-quality services. NordVPN is also one of the most affordable VPNs on the market. It is a great option for those who are looking for an affordable and high-quality VPN. Moreover, it is a good ExpressVPN substitute for Netflix since it provides access to the US library of the streaming platform.
NordVPN provides military-level security and has more than 5000 servers, located in 62 countries around the world. It protects your privacy very well with advanced protocols such as IKEv, PPTP, LTP, and OpenVPN. It is a good choice for those who are looking for an affordable VPN that provides high-speed connections, even on long distances. NordVPN also has apps available in the App Store and Google Play.
Surfshark is a great option for those who are looking to try out VPNs. It has its own app that works well with both Android and iOS devices, allowing you to surf the web privately without worrying about local laws or restrictions on internet traffic. Furthermore, it offers unlimited bandwidth and a no-logging policy which ensures an uninterrupted browsing experience.
However, one point of concern is that Surfshark has only 3000+ servers in over 60 countries. This makes it difficult to determine how many people are using the service at any given time which can affect your online experience. To fix this issue you need to pay for more expensive plans like ‘Unblock Streaming’ and ‘Ultimate’.
If you’re looking for a VPN service that can unblock websites and give you fast speeds, VyprVPN is a great option. It has over 700 servers in more than 60 countries, so you can access any website you want.
And with its unlimited bandwidth and data, you can stream and download as much as you want.
In addition, it has a kill switch and DNS leak protection to keep your data safe. And if you need help, 24/seven customer support is always there.
To get started with VyprVPN, all you need to do is sign up for a plan and download the app. Then just log in, select a server, and click “connect”. It’s that easy!
What is Plex?
If you are here, you probably know what Plex is. However, for those who don’t, Plex is a media server that organizes your movies and TV shows. It can also stream them to devices around your home.
In addition, the premium version gives you access to more than 80 channels, including HBO, Showtime, and CBS All Access.
Plex is a great way to enjoy your media, but it isn’t perfect. One of the biggest issues people have with Plex is that it can be blocked by some ISPs. This is because Plex uses port 32400 and some ISPs block this port. 
To get around this, you can use a VPN.
Why should I use a VPN with Plex?
There are a few reasons why you might want to use a VPN with Plex.
- Firstly, if you’re using Plex outside of your home country, you may find that some content is blocked due to geo-restrictions. By connecting to a VPN server in your home country, you can bypass these restrictions and access all the content that you’re entitled to.
- Secondly, a VPN can help improve your privacy and security when using Plex. When you’re connected to a VPN, all of your traffic is encrypted, meaning that it’s much harder for anyone to spy on what you’re doing online. This can be especially useful if you’re streaming content that you don’t want other people to know about.
- Thirdly, a VPN can help improve your streaming and download speeds. If you’re struggling to get good speeds with Plex, a VPN could be the solution. By connecting to a VPN server that’s located close to the content you’re trying to stream, you can often achieve much better speeds than you would normally get.
- Finally, a VPN can help you avoid getting banned from Plex. If you’re using a shared IP address and someone else gets banned, you could also get banned as a result. By connecting to a VPN, you can get a new IP address and avoid getting banned yourself.
So, if you’re looking for a way to improve your Plex experience, then a VPN is the perfect solution. Check out our list of the best VPN services for Plex above to find the right one for you.
Can I use a free VPN with Plex?
While there are some free VPNs out there, we generally don’t recommend them for use with Plex.
This is because free VPNs are often less reliable and more likely to leak your IP address. Moreover, many free VPNs are actually ad-supported, which can further degrade your streaming experience.
If you’re looking for a VPN to use with Plex, we recommend one of the paid services listed above. These services offer high-quality connections, unlimited bandwidth, and no data caps. They’re also more reliable and less likely to leak your IP address.
What to look for in a VPN for Plex?
Plex is a media server that organizes your video, music, and photo collections and streams them to all of your devices. A VPN can help you keep your data private when streaming with Plex.
However, not all VPNs are created equal. Here are a few things to look for when choosing a VPN for Plex:
Servers and Locations
The first thing you need to consider when looking for a VPN service for Plex is the number of servers and locations they have. You want a VPN with plenty of server options in different locations, so you can find one that will work best for you.
VPNs with lots of servers usually have better performance, since there is more bandwidth available and less load on each server. This is important for streaming media, which can often be slowed down by a congested network.
VPNs are only as good as their servers. A VPN with a small network of servers is not going to be able to give you the same speeds and reliability as one with a larger network.
When looking for a VPN for Plex, make sure that they have plenty of servers in multiple locations. The more server locations a VPN has, the better.
Additionally, you want to make sure that the VPN service offers a good selection of server locations. This will allow you to find a server that is close to your location, which can help with speed and reliability. A VPN with servers in only a few countries is not going to be as useful as one with servers all over the world.
If you want to access Plex from outside of your home country, you’ll need a VPN with servers in that country. For example, if you want to watch British TV on Plex, you’ll need a VPN with servers in the UK.
The best VPN services for Plex will have servers all over the world, so you can always find a fast and reliable connection.
It also affects your ability to find a server that is not overloaded. When a VPN has servers in multiple locations, it is more likely that you will be able to find one that is not crowded with other users. This can make a big difference in performance, particularly during peak times.
Moreover, a good server location selection will also give you more options if one location is having problems. If the servers in your country are down, you can simply switch to another country and keep using the VPN. This is not possible with a VPN that only has a few server locations.
Each VPN provider has a different number of servers and locations. Some have more than others. So make sure to check how many server locations and how many servers each VPN has before making your decision.
The bottom line is that you want a VPN with plenty of servers in multiple locations. The more server options there are, the better. VPNs with a large network of servers tend to have better performance and reliability, so they are the best option for streaming media with Plex.
The next most important thing to consider is speed. If you’re trying to watch a movie or TV show on Plex, you’re going to need a fast connection. The last thing you want is for your movie to buffer in the middle of a climactic scene.
That’s why it’s important to choose a VPN service that offers high speeds. The best VPN services for Plex will have servers all over the world that you can connect to, so you can always find a fast connection.
Speed will depend on several factors, including the server you’re connecting to, the time of day, and your own internet connection. But with a good VPN service, you should always be able to find a fast connection.
- The server you’re connecting to is important for speed because the further away it is, the longer the connection will take. Moreover, different servers will have different speeds.
- The time of day is important because internet usage is generally higher during peak hours. This means that there will be more people trying to use the same server, which can slow things down.
- Your own internet connection is important because it will dictate how much data you can download at a time. If you have a slow internet connection, even the fastest VPN server won’t be able to help you.
When it comes to speed, the best VPN services for Plex are ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and Surfshark. All three of these VPNs offer high speeds and have servers all over the world.
Before you choose a VPN service, be sure to test its speeds. You can do this by using the Speedtest website or app. This will give you an idea of how fast the VPN is and whether it’s good enough for your needs.
Another very big and important aspect is security. When streaming your content, you want to make sure that it is as safe as possible. A VPN can help with this by providing a layer of security between you and the rest of the world. This will keep your data safe from prying eyes, whether it be someone looking to steal your info or the government trying to track your activities.
The security consists of two main things: privacy and anonymity. A VPN will help keep your identity private by masking your IP address. It will also keep you anonymous by hiding your activities from anyone who might be trying to track you. This is a big deal, especially if you are using Plex for illegal purposes (which we do not condone).
VPNs also help with another issue: bandwidth throttling. Some ISPs will throttle your bandwidth if they see that you are streaming a lot of content. This can cause some serious buffering issues, but a VPN will help get around that.
- So to stay safe online, you need to consider a couple of things: protocols and encryption. And, of course, you need to make sure that the VPN service you are using has a good reputation for security.
There are a lot of security protocols nowadays two. Protocols are important because they determine the level of security that your data will have.
The most common protocols are OpenVPN, PPTP, and LSTP. Each one has its own advantages and disadvantages, so you will want to research which one is best for you.
- Open VPN is an open-source protocol, which means that it is constantly being updated by security experts. It is also very stable and secure. Moreover, it is very fast.
- PPTP is an older protocol that is not as secure as OpenVPN, but it is faster. It is not as widely supported, but it is still a good option if you are looking for speed.
- LSTP is also an older protocol that is less secure than OpenVPN, but it has the advantage of being very stable.
The next thing you need to consider is encryption. Encryption is what scrambles your data so that it can’t be read by anyone who might intercept it. The most common type of encryption is AES, which is used by the US government and many other large organizations.
- AES encryption is also divided into two different types: 128-bit and 256-bit. The difference is that 256-bit encryption is much more secure than 128-bit.
VPNs use different levels of encryption, so you will want to make sure that the one you choose has strong AES encryption. This will keep your data safe from any potential hackers.
- When it comes to encryption, there are two main types: symmetric and asymmetric. Symmetric encryption uses the same key for both encrypting and decrypting data, while asymmetric encryption uses different keys for each process.
- Most VPNs use symmetric encryption, which is not as secure as asymmetric encryption. However, it is faster and requires less processing power. Asymmetric encryption is more secure but slower and uses more processing power.
- There are two more types of encryption: a public key and a private key. Public key encryption is the most common type and is what you will want to use for your Plex server. Private key encryption is more secure but can be a bit slower.
As you can see, there is a lot to consider when it comes to security. But if you take the time to research and find the best option for you, you can be sure that your data will be safe.
One more important part of a VPN service is its logging policy. It means that the provider doesn’t keep any logs of your online activity.
This is important for two reasons: first, it helps to protect your privacy; and second, it ensures that the VPN service won’t be able to sell your data to third-party marketers.
Most importantly, a good logging policy will ensure that your ISP won’t be able to see what you’re doing online.
However, not all VPN services offer a no-logging policy. In this case, you should choose a provider that has a partial-logging policy and doesn’t keep logs of your online activity.
All good VPN providers keep logs of user activity for a certain amount of time, but some keep them for longer periods of time than others. Make sure you read the provider’s logging policy before signing up to make sure that it meets your needs.
Some services are also based in countries with strict data retention laws, which require VPN providers to keep logs of user activity.
If privacy is your main concern, make sure to choose a provider that is based in a country with data protection laws.
Unlimited Bandwidth and Data Caps
The next big thing to look for when choosing a VPN service for Plex is unlimited bandwidth and data caps. You don’t want to be limited in the amount of bandwidth you can use or the amount of data you can store.
- Bandwidth – It is important that your VPN service offers unlimited bandwidth so you can stream and download as much as you want without any interruptions.
- Data Caps – Likewise, data caps are also important to look for. A good VPN service will not put a limit on the amount of data you can store or use. This is important if you plan on streaming or downloading large files.
These two features are essential because they will ensure that you can use your VPN service to its full potential. Moreover, they will also prevent any unexpected charges on your bill.
The main difference between a good VPN service and a great VPN service is the amount of bandwidth and data caps offered. Make sure to look for one that offers unlimited bandwidth and data caps so you can enjoy your Plex experience without any restrictions.
If you are limited in bandwidth or data, you will experience buffering and pauses in your Plex media. This can be frustrating and ruin your viewing experience. A good VPN service will eliminate these issues by providing you with unlimited bandwidth and data.
The best VPN services for Plex offer unlimited bandwidth and data.
Another thing to look for is the user interface. It is important because you will be spending a lot of time using the service and you don’t want to be frustrated by a difficult or unintuitive interface.
The best VPN services have easy-to-use interfaces that make it simple to connect and disconnect from the service. They also provide clear instructions on how to change settings and access different features.
VPN services with poor user interfaces can be difficult to use and understand. They may also not have a kill switch, which can leave your data vulnerable in the event of a connection drop. Make sure to avoid these services and opt for one with a good user interface.
Ease of use will depend on your level of technical expertise.Services that require a lot of configuration or have difficult interfaces should be avoided.
In addition, it depends on several more factors:
- Color scheme – It should be easy on the eyes, soothing, and not overstimulating.
- Layout – The layout of the page should be intuitive with easy-to-find icons and links. Everything you need should be one or two clicks away at most.
- Functionality – VPN services can differ drastically in terms of what features they offer. Make sure the service you choose has all the features you need.
- How easy it is to connect/disconnect – This is especially important if you plan on using the VPN service often. You don’t want to spend time trying to connect every time you want to use Plex.
- Connection status indicators – It’s helpful to have visual indicators that show when you are connected to the VPN service and when you are not. This can help prevent any accidental data leaks.
- Ability to change settings – You may need to change some settings depending on your network setup. Make sure the VPN service you choose has an easy-to-use interface for changing settings.
Make sure to also check out the user reviews before you make your decision. User reviews can be a great source of information on the quality of a VPN service’s user interface. They can help you decide if a service is right for you or not.
Can ISP see Plex?
Your ISP can see that you are using Plex, but they cannot see what you are streaming or what your content is. Plex encrypts all of the traffic between your device and our servers so your ISP cannot see it.
Does Plex work with NordVPN?
Yes, Plex works with NordVPN. You just need to configure your VPN connection in the Plex app.
Can I use a VPN to unblock Plex?
Yes, you can use a VPN to unblock Plex. A VPN will allow you to connect to your Plex server from anywhere in the world.
What is the best VPN for Plex?
There is no one “best” VPN for Plex. Different people have different needs, so there are many different ways to choose a VPN. The important thing is to find a VPN that works well with Plex and that has the features you need.
Can I use a proxy with Plex?
No, you cannot use a proxy with Plex. A proxy is not as secure as a VPN and it will not work with all of the features that Plex offers.
Useful Video: How to Setup Plex VPN
Plex is a great way to enjoy your media library, but if you want to take things up a notch, using a VPN is the perfect way to do it. By encrypting all of your traffic and routing it through an intermediary server, you can keep your activities hidden from prying eyes.
VPNs also come in handy for accessing region-locked content, bypassing restrictive networks, and maintaining privacy while streaming.
If you’re looking for a VPN to use with Plex, make sure to check out our list of the best VPNs for Plex. We’ve got options for every budget and need, so you’re sure to find the perfect fit for you.
I hope this article has helped you learn more about VPNs and Plex. Be sure to check out our other articles for more tips and tricks on how to get the most out of your media library.
Thank you for reading! What are your thoughts on using a VPN with Plex? Do you have any questions? Let us know in the comments below! I’ll be happy to help. 🙂
Thanks for reading! Come back soon!