Choose the Best VPN Between Hotspot Shield vs VPN Unlimited
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated VPN Service in This Comparison
8 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
When it comes to choosing a Virtual Private Network (VPN), there are many options to choose from. In this article, we will compare Hotspot Shield and VPN Unlimited to see which one is the best for you. Both of these VPNs are popular choices, but they have different features that may make one better for your needs than the other. We will go over each of their features and then you can decide which one is right for you!
Servers and Locations
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a VPN service is the number of servers and their locations. This is important because the more servers a VPN has, the more likely you are to find one that is fast and reliable.
In addition, the locations of the servers can be important if you want to access content that is geo-restricted. For example, if you want to watch Netflix US, you will need a VPN with servers in the United States.
One more reason why the number of servers is important is that it can affect the security of your connection. If a VPN only has a few servers, it can be easy for someone to track your traffic.
- Hotspot Shield has over 3000 servers in more than 80 countries.  This means that you are likely to find a fast and reliable connection no matter where you are in the world. Moreover, Hotspot Shield has servers in locations that are often used to bypass geo-restrictions, such as the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
- VPN Unlimited has over 500 servers in more than 50+ locations. This is a more limited network than Hotspot Shield, but it should still be sufficient for most users. Moreover, their servers are spread out over many different countries, so you should be able to find a fast connection no matter where you are.
If you want to access geo-restricted content, you should look for VPNs with servers in the country you want to access. For example, if you want to watch some doramas only available in Japan, you should connect to a Japanese server.
So, in terms of servers and locations, Hotspot Shield is the better option. They have a larger network of servers in more countries. This means that you are more likely to find a fast connection and that their servers are less likely to be overloaded.
The second thing we looked at was speed. We all know how frustrating it is when you’re trying to stream a movie or download a file and your VPN connection slows everything to a crawl. Or maybe you’re trying to work from home, but your VPN is so slow that you can’t even load your email. No one wants to waste their time waiting for a VPN connection, which is why speed is such an important factor in our comparison.
In addition, speed also affects your privacy. If your VPN connection is slow, it’s more likely that your IP address will be leaked, which can jeopardize your privacy. This can be especially true if you’re using a public Wi-Fi network.
We tested the speed of each VPN by downloading a 100 MB file from a server in Australia. We did this several times at different times of day to get an accurate picture of each VPN’s speed.
- Surprisingly, VPN Unlimited was the clear winner when it came to speed, with an average download speed of 97.52 Mbps. Hotspot Shield was with an average download speed of 93.72 Mbps. 
- We also tested the speed of each VPN by streaming a video from YouTube. Again, VPN Unlimited was the clear winner, with an average buffering time of just over two seconds. Hotspot Shield wasn’t far behind, with an average buffering time of just under three seconds.
- Finally, we tested the speed by loading a web page. Yes, it depends really, but we found that in general, VPN Unlimited was slightly faster than Hotspot Shield.
We were surprised because Hotspot Shield offers more server locations than VPN Unlimited. But in our tests, VPN Unlimited was consistently faster, which is why it’s our top pick for the best VPN for speed.
So, what does this all mean? It means that if you’re looking for a fast VPN connection, VPN Unlimited is the clear winner.
The third category we’ll be looking at is connections. This is important because it will determine how many devices you can have connected to your VPN at the same time. If you have a family or a small business, you’ll want to make sure that your VPN can handle multiple connections.
Or if you have many devices yourself, you’ll want to be able to connect them all without having to worry about exceeding your limit. This can be a make-or-break feature, so it’s important to pay attention to it.
- Hotspot Shield provides users with up to five simultaneous connections. This is a generous amount and should be enough for most people. However, if you need more than that, you’re out of luck.
- VPN Unlimited also offers up to five simultaneous connections. But you can increase that number by adding more devices to your account. This is a great feature if you need more than five connections. However, you have to pay more if you want more than five devices.
You should also know that there are two types of VPN connections: site-to-site and client-to-site. Site-to-site is when you connect two locations, like your home and your office. Client-to-site is when you connect a device, like your laptop, to a VPN server.
Remember that the number of connections is different from the number of devices. So if you have five devices, that doesn’t mean you can only connect one at a time. You can have all five devices connected simultaneously. You should always check the number of connections when you’re comparing VPNs.
The verdict: If you need more than five connections, VPN Unlimited is the better choice. However, if you don’t need more than five, Hotspot Shield is a great option.
Security and Privacy
One of the biggest concerns when browsing the internet is security and privacy. Most people use a VPN, or Virtual Private Network, to protect their information. For this reason, it is essential to choose a VPN that offers the best security and privacy.
In addition, there are different levels of security and privacy. Some VPNs offer more security than others. Actually, it depends on some factors such as the device you’re using, your operating system, and your location.
For example, if you’re using public Wi-Fi, it is more likely that your data will be intercepted. Or, if you’re using an unsecured connection, your data is also more vulnerable.
That’s why it is vital to find a VPN with the best privacy and security for your needs.
There are several things to consider when choosing a VPN. Some of the most important are:
- Security protocols: The most important thing to consider is the security protocols that a VPN uses. The most common are OpenVPN, PPTP, LTP, and IPsec. There are also various other security protocols, but these are the most common. In addition, they are also the most secure.
- Encryption: Another important thing to consider is encryption. Encryption is what keeps your data safe from prying eyes. The most common type of encryption is AES-256 bit encryption. However, there are also other types of encryption, such as 4096-bit encryption.
- Logging policy: Another thing to consider is the logging policy of the VPN. A VPN that doesn’t keep logs is the best option, as it means your data will be more secure. However, some VPNs do keep logs, so it is important to check the logging policy before choosing a VPN.
- Jurisdiction: The jurisdiction of the VPN is also important. A VPN that is located in a country with strong privacy laws is the best option. However, some VPNs are located in countries with weak privacy laws. For example, such countries as the US and the UK have weak privacy laws.
So, let’s take a closer look at the security levels of Hotspot Shield and VPN Unlimited.
- Security protocols: Hotspot Shield uses the most common security protocols, such as OpenVPN and IKEv2. Moreover, it also offers Catapult Hydra, a proprietary protocol. This one is more secure than the others. VPN Unlimited uses OpenVPN, IKEv2, and KeepSolid Wise protocols. These are all good protocols that will keep your data safe. However, OpenVPN is the best protocol, and IKEv2 is the second best.
- Encryption: Hotspot Shield uses AES-256-bit encryption, which is the best encryption. It is military-grade encryption that will keep your data safe from prying eyes. VPN Unlimited also uses AES-256-bit encryption, which is the best encryption. VPN Unlimited also uses AES-256-bit encryption. So, both of these VPNs offer the best encryption.
- Logging policy: This is a weak point for both of these VPNs. Hotspot Shield keeps logs of user data, bandwidth used, and time stamps. VPN Unlimited also keeps logs of user data, including IP addresses and timestamps. So, neither of these VPNs is the best option if you’re looking for a VPN that doesn’t keep logs.
- Jurisdiction: Both of these VPNs are located in the US, which has weak privacy laws. The US is a part of the Five Eyes alliance. This means that the US government can request user data from these VPNs. 
As you can see, there are some differences between Hotspot Shield and VPN Unlimited. However, they are both not the best option if you’re looking for a VPN that offers the best security and privacy.
UI and UX
The next thing we wanted to compare was the UI and UX of each provider. Did you know that there’s a big difference between UI and UX? UI stands for “user interface” while UX means “user experience.” In other words, the way something looks (UI) is different from how it works (UX). And when it comes to VPNs, these two factors are very important.
This depends on such factors as how clearly the server list is displayed, how easy it is to connect/disconnect, and whether there are any intrusive ads. In addition, we also looked at how “clean” the interface is. Service with a lot of features can be great, but if the UI is cluttered, it can be hard to use.
We have to say that both Hotspot and Unlimited performed very well in this department. Both have clean and straightforward interfaces that make it easy to get up and running.
We’ll start with Hotspot Shield. The first thing you see after opening the app is the map display. This shows you which servers are available and lets you connect with just a few clicks. The interface is very straightforward, which is great for users who are new to VPNs.
However, one downside is that there are ads displayed in the app. They’re not too intrusive, but they can be a bit annoying. Overall, though, we thought the UI and UX were very good.
Now let’s take a look at VPN Unlimited. The first thing you’ll see when you open the app is the server list. This is displayed very clearly, which makes it easy to find the server you want to connect to. Connecting and disconnecting are also very easy, and there are no ads in the app. The interface is a bit more complex than Hotspot Shield, but still easy to use. Overall, we thought the UI and UX were excellent.
Both Hotspot Shield and VPN Unlimited have great UI and UX. However, I prefer VPN Unlimited’s interface because it’s more straightforward and there are no ads.
But anyway it all comes down to personal preferences, so feel free to try out both and see which one you like better!
Netflix & Streaming
Another popular reason to use a VPN is to access region-locked content, like Netflix. Unfortunately, not all VPNs can unblock Netflix. The reason for this is that Netflix has implemented aggressive measures to block VPNs. As a result, only a handful of VPNs can still unblock Netflix.
In addition, not all VPNs are created equal when it comes to streaming. Some VPNs offer dedicated servers for streaming.
Other VPNs do not offer dedicated servers for streaming. However, they may still be able to unblock Netflix and other streaming services.
If you want to use a VPN for streaming, we recommend that you choose a VPN that offers dedicated servers for streaming.
So, let’s take a look at how Hotspot Shield and VPN Unlimited compare when it comes to Netflix and streaming.
- Hotspot Shield is one of the few VPNs that can still unblock Netflix. In addition, Hotspot Shield offers dedicated servers for streaming. This means that you can connect to a server that is optimized for streaming and you will get a better streaming experience. However, it was not able to unlock Canadian Netflix.
- VPN Unlimited is another VPN that can still unblock Netflix. However, it does not offer dedicated servers for streaming. This means that you may experience more buffering and slower speeds when streaming. Nevertheless, it was able to successfully unlock US Netflix. But, it was not able to unblock other Netflix regions.
So, if you’re looking for a VPN that can still unblock Netflix, Hotspot Shield or VPN Unlimited would be a good choice. However, if you’re looking for a VPN specifically for streaming, we recommend Hotspot Shield.
Now let’s discuss other streaming platforms. For example, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video.
- Hotspot Shield can unblock Hulu, Amazon Prime, and BBC iPlayer. It is a great choice for streaming.
- VPN Unlimited can unblock these platforms as well, except for BBC iPlayer.
In conclusion, Hotspot Shield is the better choice for streaming. It can unblock more streaming platforms and it offers dedicated servers for a better streaming experience.
One more thing to consider when choosing a VPN is whether or not it allows torrenting. This activity is often associated with illegal downloads, so many VPNs do not allow it. However, there are some that do allow torrenting and even have special servers set up for this purpose. If you plan on torrenting, make sure to check whether or not the VPN you’re considering allows it.
In addition, you’ll want to make sure that the VPN you choose has a strict no-logs policy. This is important because it means that your activities will not be tracked or monitored by the VPN.
Torrenting can be a great way to download large files quickly. However, it’s important to make sure that you’re doing it safely and legally.
You should always take steps to protect yourself, even when using a VPN.
So, which is better for torrenting: Hotspot Shield or VPN Unlimited?
Both Hotspot Shield and VPN Unlimited allow torrenting on their servers. This means that you can use either one to download large files quickly and safely. You can also be confident that your activities will not be monitored or tracked by either VPN.
However, Hotspot Shield does have a slight advantage over VPN Unlimited when it comes to torrenting. This is because Hotspot Shield has special servers set up specifically for this purpose. This means that you’ll get even better speeds and performance when downloading files.
If you’re looking for a VPN that’s great for torrenting, Hotspot Shield is the better option. However, VPN Unlimited is not so bad either.
Finally, we come to customer support. This is an important factor to consider, especially if you’re new to using a VPN. If you have any questions or encounter any problems, you’ll want to be able to get help from a knowledgeable and friendly customer support representative.
For example, some VPNs have live chat support, while others only offer email support. Some VPNs offer 24/7 support, while others only offer support during business hours.
So I decided to put Hotspot Shield and VPN Unlimited to the test by contacting their customer support teams. Here’s what I found:
- Hotspot Shield offers 24/7 live chat support, as well as email support. I contacted their customer support team via live chat and found them to be friendly and helpful. Moreover, they were able to answer all my questions quickly and satisfactorily.
- VPN Unlimited has the same options for customer support as Hotspot Shield. I contacted their customer support team via live chat and found them to be just as friendly and helpful as Hotspot Shield’s team. They also did a great job of answering all my questions fast and to my satisfaction.
As you can see, both Hotspot Shield and VPN Unlimited have excellent customer support. Therefore, you can’t go wrong with either one of them.
Should I use a free VPN?
There are a few reasons why you might want to consider using a free VPN. Maybe you’re on a tight budget and can’t afford a paid subscription. Or maybe you just need a VPN for a short trip overseas. Whatever the reason, there are some great free options out there. But be warned: free VPNs often have slower speeds, limited data usage, and fewer features than their paid counterparts.
What’s the difference between a proxy and a VPN?
A proxy is a server that acts as an intermediary between you and the internet. It can be used to bypass restrictions or hide your real IP address. A VPN (a virtual private network) does all of that, plus it encrypts your traffic, ensuring that your data is safe from snoopers and hackers.
Are paid VPNs worth it?
Paid VPNs usually come with a few extra features that can be worth the money. For example, some paid VPNs offer unlimited data usage, while others have speed-boosting features. And if you’re concerned about privacy, a paid VPN is a good option, as they often have strict no-logging policies.
At the end of the day, it’s up to you to decide whether a free or paid VPN is right for you. If you need a VPN for a short-term trip or just want to save some money, a free option might be the way to go. But if you value speed, security, and features, then a paid VPN is worth the investment.
Do I need a VPN if I’m not doing anything illegal?
While there’s nothing wrong with using a VPN for personal reasons, you might not need one. If you’re just trying to stream your favorite shows or access blocked websites, a proxy server might be all you need. But if you’re worried about online security or want to encrypt your traffic, then a VPN is the way to go.
Why are some VPNs free?
Some VPNs are free because they’re supported by ads. Others are free because they offer a limited version of their service for free, with the hopes that you’ll upgrade to the paid version. And some are just genuinely free with no catches.
How long has Hotspot Shield been around?
Hotspot Shield has been around since 2008. It was one of the first VPNs on the market and is still one of the most popular. It’s known for its fast speeds, easy-to-use interface, and strong security features.
What is better than NordVPN?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best VPN for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. As for me, ExpressVPN and NordVPN are both excellent choices.
Which VPN is best to increase internet speed?
If you are looking for a VPN to increase your internet speed, I would recommend ExpressVPN or NordVPN.
Useful Video: How to use Hotspot Shield VPN?
VPN is a great tool for online privacy, but it’s not the only tool. Hotspot Shield and VPN Unlimited are both great services that can help you keep your online activity private. If you’re looking for a VPN service, make sure to check out both Hotspot Shield and VPN Unlimited.
Both Hotspot Shield and VPN Unlimited offer great features, but Hotspot Shield is the better choice for me. However, it is only my opinion, so you should try out both services and see which one is better for you.
I hope this Hotspot Shield vs VPN Unlimited comparison was helpful for you. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for reading!
If you enjoyed this article, check out our blog for more great content!