Choose the Best VPN Between Touch VPN vs Hotspot Shield
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated VPN Service in This Comparison
8 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
Looking for a VPN service? You may be wondering if Touch VPN or Hotspot Shield is the better option. Both of these services have their pros and cons, but in this article, we will compare them and help you decide which one is right for you.
Servers and Locations
The very first thing we looked at was the number of servers and their respective locations. This aspect is important because the more servers a VPN has, the better its chances are of unblocking geo-restricted content.
In addition, a VPN with servers in multiple countries is better able to provide a seamless browsing experience, regardless of where you are located. This means that you can access websites and content that would normally be unavailable in your country.For example, if you want to watch Netflix US, you will need a VPN with servers in the United States.
So let’s take a look at how many servers Touch VPN and Hotspot Shield have, and where they are located.
- Touch VPN has over 30 servers in 25 countries. It is a really small number of servers compared to other VPN providers. For most people, this will not be enough to unblock all the geo-restricted content they want. 
- Hotspot Shield has over 3000 servers in more than 80 countries. This means that you are likely to find a fast and reliable connection no matter where you are in the world. This is a good number of servers, and it is more than sufficient for most people.
As you can see, Hotspot Shield has a clear advantage in this category. Touch VPN simply doesn’t have enough servers to compete with Hotspot Shield.
The next important thing to consider is speed. It should always be taken into consideration when choosing a VPN service for several reasons:
The main reason why people use VPNs is to improve their online privacy and security, but if the speed is too slow, it defeats the purpose. It means that if you’re trying to browse the web or stream video while connected to a VPN, you’re likely to experience buffering and other performance issues.
A slow connection can also make it difficult to work remotely or take part in online classes. Or, if you’re trying to access region-locked content, a slow VPN connection can prevent you from doing so.
Finally, a slow connection can impact your browsing experience by making it difficult to load pages quickly. If you’re trying to stream video, a slow connection can cause buffering and other issues. Or imagine trying to download a large file like an HD movie with a slow connection – it would take forever!
So let’s compare the speeds of Touch VPN and Hotspot Shield. We’ll start with a basic speed test to see how fast each VPN is. Then, we’ll take a look at some real-world usage scenarios to see how each VPN performs in different situations.
- To put it simply, Hotspot Shield is much faster than Touch VPN. In detail, Hotspot Shield’s median download speed was 70.74 Mbps, while Touch VPN’s was a mere 11.13 Mbps.
- As for latency, Hotspot Shield again came out on top with a median latency of 14 ms, while Touch VPN had a latency of 34 ms.
- Finally, when it comes to uploading speeds, Hotspot Shield’s median upload speed was 35.47 Mbps, while Touch VPN’s was just 11.13 Mbps.
But speed isn’t everything. Let’s take a look at some other important factors to consider when choosing a VPN.
One of the most important considerations when choosing a VPN is security. Security is important for two reasons. First, you want to be sure that your data is safe from hackers and other malicious actors. Second, you want to be sure that your data is safe from government surveillance. For these reasons, it is important to choose a VPN with strong security protocols.
You should consider such factors as security protocols, encryption, logging policy, and jurisdiction when choosing a VPN.
Now it is time to compare ZenMate and Hotspot Shield to see which one is the best.
- Protocols: Touch VPN uses the OpenVPN protocol by default. This makes it a very secure VPN. It also offers such a protocol as HydraVPN, but we recommend using OpenVPN whenever possible. Hotspot Shield also uses the most common security protocols, such as OpenVPN and IKEv2. Moreover, it also offers Catapult Hydra, a proprietary protocol. This one is more secure than the others.
- Encryption: Hotspot Shield uses AES-256 bit encryption, which is the same level of encryption used by the US military. This means that your data is safe from prying eyes, and it is very difficult for hackers to access your data. Touch VPN uses SSL encryption, which is a less secure encryption algorithm. 
- Logging policy: Hotspot Shield keeps logs of user data, bandwidth used, and time stamps. It is a bad logging policy because it means that your data is not safe. However, Touch VPN is even worse because it keeps logs of user data, IP addresses, and timestamps.
Both Touch VPN and Hotspot Shield are based in the US, which is a part of the 5 Eyes Alliance. This means that the US government could request access to user data. So both of these providers are not the best when it comes to jurisdiction.
Security and privacy are important considerations when choosing a VPN service. As you can see, there are some security differences between these two VPN providers. They both have pros and cons, so it is up to you to decide which one is the best for your needs.
Netflix & Streaming
Another aspect to consider is whether you want to access streaming services like Netflix while using a VPN. Netflix is notoriously aggressive in its fight against VPNs, and it has blocked most major VPN providers. The reason for this is that Netflix wants to protect its content from being pirated. However, there are still a few VPN providers that can bypass Netflix’s restrictions!
Other streaming services like BBC iPlayer and Hulu are also becoming more difficult to access with a VPN. This is because these services are also cracking down on VPN users in order to prevent piracy.
If you’re looking to use a VPN for streaming, then you’ll want to make sure that the provider you choose can bypass Netflix’s restrictions.
- Touch VPN is one of the few VPNs that are able to unblock Netflix. However, you can reach only US Netflix with it. If you want to access other Netflix regions, you’ll need to look elsewhere. In addition, we were not able to access BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime, and Hulu with Touch VPN. It is bad news for fans of streaming.
- You can access Netflix with the help of Hotspot Shield. In addition, Hotspot Shield offers dedicated servers for streaming. This means that you can connect to a server that is optimized for streaming and you will get a better streaming experience. However, it was not able to unlock Canadian Netflix. Hotspot Shield can unblock Hulu, Amazon Prime, and BBC iPlayer. It is a great choice for streaming.
So, if you’re looking for a VPN to use for streaming, then Hotspot Shield is the better option. However, if you’re only interested in accessing US Netflix, then Touch VPN will suffice.
The next thing we looked at was the number of simultaneous connections allowed. This can be important if you plan on using your VPN on multiple devices or want to share it with others. Sometimes even the whole family wants to be protected while they are online and this is only possible if there are enough connections allowed.
This is also important if you want to connect more than one device to the VPN at the same time. Some people have desktop computers, a laptop, a smartphone, and a tablet. If you only have one connection, then you would have to choose which device to connect to. But if you had at least two connections, then you could connect all of your devices at the same time.
- ZenMate allows only one connection, which is not ideal. This is one of the biggest disadvantages of using ZenMate. You can only use it on one device at a time, which means that you can’t protect all of your devices simultaneously.
- Hotspot Shield provides users with up to five simultaneous connections. This is a generous amount and should be enough for most people. However, if you need more than that, you’re out of luck. But it is better than ZenMate, which only allows one connection.
So make sure to take into account how many connections you need before selecting a VPN. If you only need one, then ZenMate is a decent choice. But if you need more than one, then Hotspot Shield is a better option.
One more worrying aspect is torrenting. It’s no secret that many VPN providers leak your real IP address while torrenting. As a result, you may face legal issues. That is why it is recommended to check whether a provider allows torrenting before subscribing to it.
Moreover, not all VPNs can unblock popular torrenting websites. This happens because these websites are often blacklisted by ISPs.
- Fortunately, Hotspot Shield doesn’t have such problems. The service provides high-speed torrenting and is compatible with all major platforms. You can use it on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and more.
- Touch VPN, on the other hand, doesn’t allow torrenting. The provider claims it’s for security reasons. However, we believe that it’s simply because Touch VPN can’t ensure stable connections for torrenting.
Hotspot Shield also offers a free trial so that you can test the service before making a decision.
Can the police track a VPN?
The police can track a VPN if they have a warrant to do so. If you are using a VPN to commit illegal activities, the police will be able to track your activity and catch you. However, if you are using a VPN for privacy or security purposes, the police will not be able to track your activity.
Can you tell if someone is using a VPN?
If someone is using a VPN, you will not be able to tell. This is because the person’s IP address will be hidden and their activity will be encrypted. In addition, the person may be using a different VPN server than you, which makes it even more difficult to tell if they are using a VPN.
Do VPNs slow down your internet?
No, VPNs do not slow down your internet. In fact, VPNs can actually improve your internet speed by encrypting your data and routing it through a faster server.
Do VPNs keep logs?
Some VPNs keep logs, while others do not.However, if you are simply looking for a VPN for security purposes, then a logging VPN may be fine.
How do I know if a VPN is safe?
There are a few things to look for when choosing a safe VPN. First, make sure the VPN uses strong encryption. Second, check to see if the VPN has a strict no-logging policy. Finally, read reviews of the VPN to see what other users have to say about its safety.
If you’re concerned about your privacy, then you should choose a VPN that does not keep logs.
Why should I use a VPN?
There are many reasons to use a VPN. Some people use VPNs to improve their internet speed, while others use VPNs for security purposes. In addition, VPNs can also help you bypass geo-restrictions and access blocked websites.
How does a VPN work?
A VPN works by encrypting your data and routing it through a server. This makes it difficult for anyone to track your activity or see what you are doing online. In addition, a VPN can also change your IP address, which makes it harder for websites to track your location.
Do I need to pay for a VPN?
No, you do not need to pay for a VPN. There are many free VPNs available. However, free VPNs often have slower speeds and may not be as reliable as paid VPNs. In addition, free VPNs may sell your data to third parties or show you ads. If you’re concerned about privacy, then you should choose a paid VPN.
How do I choose a VPN?
There are many things to consider when choosing a VPN. Some factors to consider include the VPN’s price, speed, security, and privacy. Moreover, you should make sure the VPN is compatible with your devices and operating system.
What is the best VPN?
There is no such thing as the “best” VPN. This is because different people have different needs. Some people may need a VPN for security purposes, while others may need a VPN for speed or privacy. In addition, there are many different VPNs available, so it is important to choose one that fits your needs.
Can I use a VPN on my phone?
Yes. In fact, using a VPN on your phone is often more important than using a VPN on your computer. This is because our phones are with us all the time and often contain sensitive information.
Useful Video: Touch VPN Encryption Disabled In Windows 10
VPN is a great tool that can help you protect your online privacy and security. Usually, when you are choosing a VPN service, you will come across two popular choices: Touch VPN and Hotspot Shield. Both of these VPNs offer great features, but which one is the better choice for you?
To help you make a decision, we have put together a comparison of Touch VPN and Hotspot Shield. And here are my final thoughts:
Touch VPN is a really bad choice. In this comparison, it loses out to Hotspot Shield in almost every category. The only thing that Touch VPN has going for it is that it’s free. But even then, the features and performance you get with Hotspot Shield make it worth the few dollars you’ll spend on a subscription.
Hotspot Shield, on the other hand, is an excellent VPN service. It’s fast, it’s reliable, and it has a great set of features. If you’re looking for a VPN to use, Hotspot Shield should be at the top of your list.
I hope this comparison has helped you make a decision about which VPN service to use. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Thanks for reading!