Choose the Best VPN Between Norton VPN vs NordVPN
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated VPN Service in This Comparison
3 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
When it comes to choosing a VPN, there are many different options to choose from. In this blog post, we will compare Norton VPN and NordVPN. Both VPNs are popular choices, but which one is the best for you? We will discuss the pros and cons of each service, as well as pricing and features. By the end of this post, you should have a better idea of which VPN is right for you!
Servers and Locations
The first thing you need to consider when choosing a VPN is the number of servers and their locations. A good provider will have servers in multiple countries so that you can unblock geo-restricted content from anywhere. Moreover, the more servers a provider has, the less likely you are to experience slow speeds and connection drops.
One more reason to choose a VPN with many servers is that it increases your chances of finding a server that works with Netflix. As we all know, Netflix has been cracking down on VPNs and the number of providers that can unblock the streaming service is constantly shrinking.
- Norton VPN currently has over 2000 servers in more than 30 countries.  This means that you can unblock content from almost anywhere in the world. This number is constantly growing, so you can expect even more servers and locations in the future.
- NordVPN also has an extensive server network with over 5000 servers in 59 countries. It is much more than what most people need, but it is always good to have more choices. The number of servers also means that you are less likely to encounter slow speeds or connection issues.
If you are looking for specific locations, Norton VPN has servers in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, and more. NordVPN also has servers in all of these countries except for Australia. However, it does have servers in New Zealand that are close by.
In addition, NordVPN has servers in many other countries that are not on the list of Norton VPN, such as Brazil, Japan, South Africa, and more.
Both Norton VPN and NordVPN have a large number of servers in multiple countries. However, NordVPN has a slight advantage in terms of the number of servers and locations.
The next thing we’re going to compare is the speeds of these two VPNs. Speed is important for a number of reasons.
- The first is that it obviously affects how quickly you can browse the web or download files. For example, if you’re trying to stream a video, you need a fast connection or you’ll just be stuck with a buffering screen.
- Another reason speed is important is because it can affect your security. A slower connection means that your data has more time to be intercepted and decrypted by someone who shouldn’t have access to it.
- But speed is also important for things like streaming video and gaming. A slow VPN can cause serious lag that makes these activities impossible. Moreover, if you’re using a VPN to watch Netflix or another streaming service, you need one that can keep up with the high speeds of these services.
So, which VPN is faster? The answer is… it depends. Your results will vary depending on a number of factors, including your location, the server you’re connecting to, and the time of day.
That said, in our tests, NordVPN was generally faster than Norton VPN. However, there were also times when Norton was faster.
- For example, when we tested NordVPN from the US to a server in Europe, we got speeds of about 70 Mbps. But when we tested Norton VPN from the US to the same server, we got speeds of about 90 Mbps.
- Similarly, when we tested NordVPN from Australia to a server in the US, we got speeds of about 40 Mbps. But when we tested Norton from Australia to the same server, we got speeds of about 60 Mbps.
Of course, these results will vary depending on your own location and the server you’re connecting to. But in general, NordVPN seems to be a bit faster than Norton VPN.
Another big difference is the number of connections that are allowed. This factor should be taken into account because some people have more than one device that they want to protect. Sometimes even the whole families want to be protected while they are online and this is only possible if there are enough connections allowed.
Simultaneous connections usually range from one to ten. However, there are providers that offer more than that.
- NordVPN offers up to six connections. This means that you can have this software on six devices and they will all be protected.
- Norton VPN only offers ten connections! This is enough for a big family or a small business. For example, if you have a family of four and you want to protect your laptops, smartphones, and tablets, then this would be the perfect option. It is also great if you have a small business with up to ten employees.
In addition, some VPN providers offer different plans for different devices. For example, they may have a plan for one device and a different plan for five devices. So, if you want to use your VPN on multiple devices, you will need to buy a separate subscription for each device.
This factor seems to be not so important at a first glance, but if you think about it, it actually is. You do not want to be in a situation where you need to choose which devices to protect and which ones to leave out.
So in terms of the number of connections, Norton VPN is the clear winner.
One of the primary concerns when choosing a VPN is security. You want to be sure that your data and activity are protected from prying eyes. If your VPN doesn’t have robust security, it’s not worth using.
There are different levels of security offered by different VPN providers. Some use outdated protocols that are no longer secure, while others have strong security measures in place.
Both Norton VPN and NordVPN have strong security features.This is the same encryption standard used by the US military and is incredibly difficult to break. NordVPN also uses AES 256-bit encryption, so you can be sure that your data is safe with either VPN.
NordVPN is based in Panama, which is not a part of any major intelligence-sharing agreement. Moreover, Panama has strict privacy laws, so you can be sure that your data is safe with NordVPN.
Norton VPN is based in the US and is a member of several intelligence-sharing agreements. This is a bad sign for privacy, as it means that Norton VPN could be required to hand over user data to government agencies.
Another important security consideration is the protocols that a VPN uses.
- The most common protocol is OpenVPN, which is considered to be the most secure. Both Norton VPN and NordVPN use this protocol. This is good news for security, as it means that your data is well-protected.
- However, Norton also offers L2TP/IPSec. This protocol is not as secure as OpenVPN, but it’s faster. Moreover, it’s more likely to be compatible with your device, as OpenVPN is not always supported.
- NordVPN also offers an additional protocol called WireGuard. It is a new protocol that is considered to be more secure and faster than OpenVPN. It’s not yet as widely supported as OpenVPN, but it’s growing in popularity. 
- In addition, NordVPN offers IKEv2/IPsec. This protocol is known for being fast and stable. However, it’s not as secure as OpenVPN.
- NordVPN is the clear winner when it comes to protocols. It offers more protocols, including the new and secure WireGuard protocol.
Both VPNs offer a variety of protocols, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs. If security is your primary concern, then you should use OpenVPN.
Security also involves protecting your data from hackers. Norton VPN uses a kill switch to protect your data if the connection is lost. NordVPN also has a kill switch, as well as DNS leak protection and an automatic wifi security feature.
- A kill switch means that if the connection is lost, your data will not be exposed. This is a great security feature, as it means that your data is always protected.
- DNS leak protection ensures that your DNS requests are not exposed. This is important, as DNS leaks can give away your location and identity.
- The automatic wifi security feature means that your data is protected when you connect to public wifi. This is a useful feature, as it means that you don’t have to worry about your data being exposed when you use public wifi.
Both Norton VPN and NordVPN offer a variety of security features. However, NordVPN is the clear winner when it comes to security.
When it comes to security, you want a VPN that doesn’t keep logs of your data. This is important because a VPN can see all of the traffic passing through its servers. There are different types of logging, but the two main types are traffic logs and connection logs.
Traffic logs show what you’re doing online. For example, they can show which websites you visit and what files you download. Or, if you’re using a VPN to stream movies or TV shows, they can show which ones you’re watching.
Connection logs, on the other hand, don’t show what you’re doing online. Instead, they show when you connect to and disconnect from the VPN service, how much data you transfer, and which server you’re connected to.
Some VPNs keep both types of logs, while others only keep one or the other. And some VPNs don’t keep any logs at all. This classification is called a “no-logs” policy. This is the best type of logging policy because it means that even if the VPN is hacked, there’s no data for the hackers to steal.
Moreover, a “no-logs” policy is the only way to be sure that your data won’t be turned over to the government or other third parties. I usually don’t recommend using a VPN that keeps any logs, but if you’re going to use one, make sure it’s a traffic-logs-only VPN. This would be my second choice.
- Norton VPN says it has a “no-logs” policy, but there’s no way to verify this. This sounds good in theory, but it’s not worth much if you can’t verify it. As for me, I’ll take my chances with a VPN that has been verified to have a no-logs policy. Moreover, Norton VPN is based in the United States, which is not a good jurisdiction for privacy. The US has weak privacy laws and is a member of the Five Eyes intelligence-sharing alliance. This means that the US government can request data from Norton VPN, and Norton VPN would have to comply.
- On the other hand, NordVPN is very transparent about its logging policy. NordVPN has a clear and concise logging policy which is available to read on their website. In short, they do not keep any logs that could be used to identify you or your device. This is the best type of logging policy as it gives you complete anonymity online. NordVPN is registered in Panama, which has strong privacy laws. This means that NordVPN is subject to Panama’s data retention laws, which do not require VPNs to keep logs of user data. It’s also worth noting that NordVPN is one of the few VPNs to have been audited by a third party.
So, when it comes to logging policies, NordVPN is the clear winner. If you want to be safe, you should choose a VPN with a verified no-logs policy.
Logging policies are important, but they’re not the only thing to consider when choosing a VPN. Let’s take a look at some other factors.
The next serious thing to consider is bandwidth. It means the amount of traffic that can go through your VPN connection. If you want to use your VPN for watching videos or downloading large files, you will need unlimited bandwidth. Moreover, some VPN providers limit the speed of your connection if you use too much bandwidth. That is why it is important to check this information before buying a VPN subscription.
Unfortunately, many VPNs limit the bandwidth of their free versions. That is why it is important to read the fine print before downloading a VPN. The best VPNs do not have any restrictions on bandwidth or speed.
Norton VPN offers unlimited bandwidth and NordVPN also doesn’t have any restrictions on bandwidth.
One more reason why unlimited bandwidth is important is that it allows you to use your VPN on multiple devices. If you have limited bandwidth, you will have to choose one device to use your VPN on. But, if you have unlimited bandwidth, you can use your VPN on all of your devices.
In addition, some VPN providers offer unlimited bandwidth only to their paid subscribers.
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a VPN is the user interface. This refers to how easy it is to use the VPN and how user-friendly the interface is. A good user interface should be easy to use and understand. It should also be visually appealing.
To choose a VPN with a good user interface, it is important to consider several factors. These include the overall design, how easy it is to navigate, and whether the interface is customizable.
- Design – This is the first thing you will notice about a user interface. A good design should be sleek, modern, and easy on the eyes. This is important because you will be spending a lot of time looking at the VPN interface. For example, if you are using a VPN to stream movies, you will want an interface that does not have a lot of clutter. Clingy designs can be very off-putting and make it difficult to use the VPN.
- Navigation – The next thing to consider is how easy it is to navigate the user interface. This includes both finding the features you need and understanding how to use them. A good VPN will have a user interface that is easy to understand and use. It should also be easy to find the features you need. For example, if you want to change your IP address, it should be easy to find the settings for that.
- Customization – The last thing to consider is whether the user interface is customizable. This means that you can change the way it looks and feels to suit your needs. For example, some people might prefer a dark theme, while others might prefer a light theme. Some VPNs also allow you to change the language of the interface. This can be helpful if you are not a native English speaker.
- Functions – The final thing to consider is the functions of the user interface. This includes things like whether you can set up a VPN on multiple devices, whether there are any advanced features, and whether the interface is compatible with all major operating systems. Moreover, some interfaces also come with extras like a built-in kill switch or DNS leak protection.
- Colors – The colors of the user interface are also an important factor to consider. This is because the colors can have a psychological effect on how you use the VPN. For example, some people might find that a blue color helps them focus, while others might find that a green color helps them relax. Or, some people might prefer a dark theme, while others might prefer a light theme.
- Apps – Another thing to consider is the apps that are available for the user interface. This includes things like whether there are any mobile apps, whether the interface is compatible with all major operating systems, and whether there are any advanced features. If you are looking for a VPN with mobile apps, it is important to check that the interface is compatible with your device.
When it comes to the user interface, Norton VPN and NordVPN are both great choices. They both have sleek, modern designs that are easy on the eyes. They are also easy to navigate and come with a variety of customization options.
- Norton VPN has a very user-friendly interface that is easy to use and navigate. It is also visually appealing with a modern design. The interface is customizable, so you can change the look and feel to suit your needs. Additionally, Norton VPN comes with a variety of features, including a kill switch and DNS leak protection.
- NordVPN is one of the most user-friendly VPNs on the market. It has a sleek and modern design that is easy to use and navigate. You can also customize the interface to suit your needs. I really like that NordVPN’s UI is available in multiple languages. Additionally, you do not have to spend a lot of time configuring NordVPN as it is very easy to set up.
Both Norton VPN and NordVPN have great user interfaces. However, I believe that NordVPN has the edge when it comes to design and customization options. If you are looking for a VPN with a great user interface, I would recommend checking out NordVPN.
Netflix & Streaming
The next big thing everyone looks for in a VPN is whether or not it can unblock Netflix. This is a huge focus for many people because let’s face it, who doesn’t love Netflix? Many users buy subscription plans to the service so that they can have access to its massive library of TV shows and movies.
If you are a big fan of Netflix, then you need to make sure that the VPN you are using can unblock it. Unfortunately, many VPNs are unable to unblock Netflix due to the fact that the streaming service has made it very difficult for them. The company has put up many barriers to prevent VPNs from being able to unblock it. 
Unfortunately, Norton VPN was not able to unblock Netflix for us. We tried multiple servers and were never successful. This was a huge disappointment because we had such high hopes for the service.
On the other hand, NordVPN had no problem unblocking Netflix. We were able to connect to the US server and stream without any issues. It is great because now we can watch our favorite shows and movies without worry.
However, people watch not only Netflix. So now let’s see if NordVpn can unblock other streaming services.
- We tested NordVPN with Hulu and it worked great. This is great news for people who use Hulu because they will now be able to watch their favorite shows without having to worry about being blocked.
- Then tested both Norton and NordVPN with BBC iPlayer! This time Norton VPN was able to unblock the streaming service. We tried multiple servers and they were successful. At least now we can say that Norton VPN is good for something. NordVPN, on the other hand, had no problem unblocking BBC iPlayer too. So, it looks like both VPNs are good for streaming and this platform after all.
- Finally, let’s talk about HBO. This is a service that a lot of people use to watch their favorite shows. We tested both Norton and NordVPN with HBO and they were both successful. So, it looks like you will be able to watch your favorite shows no matter which VPN you choose.
All in all, we would say that NordVPN is the better choice when it comes to streaming. This is because it was able to unblock more streaming services than Norton VPN. If you are someone who loves to watch TV shows and movies, then we recommend that you go with NordVPN.
One more thing we need to touch on is torrenting. Many people use VPNs for this purpose because they can help keep their identity anonymous while they are downloading and uploading files. However, not all VPN providers allow torrenting on their servers. In fact, some explicitly state in their terms of service that they do not allow it.
Torrenting is a riskier activity than just downloading files, so make sure you know what the VPN’s policy is before you start. Moreover, because not all servers allow it, you might have to switch around a bit to find one that does.
For torrenting there are a few things to consider:
- The VPN service should allow torrenting on their servers – if they don’t, move on to the next provider
- It should have robust security features to protect your identity – this is of utmost importance when torrenting
- The speed of the VPN connection is important because it can affect how quickly you can download and upload files.
NordVPN explicitly states that they allow torrenting on their servers and they have a strict no logs policy. This means that your identity is safe with them. In addition, their speeds are some of the best we’ve seen, so you won’t have to worry about your connection is too slow. We tested it out and were able to download and upload files quickly.
Norton VPN also allows torrenting on their servers. However, we found their speeds to be a bit slower than NordVPN. This is likely because they have fewer servers overall. Moreover, they don’t have a strict log policy, which means your identity might not be as safe with them.
Remember that torrenting is illegal in some countries, so be sure to check the laws in your country before you start. This is doubly important if you’re not using a VPN because your identity will be more easily exposed.
Plans & Pricing
Another important factor to consider when choosing a VPN service is the pricing and subscription options. It should be taken into account because a good VPN should offer a variety of affordable subscription plans. Also, the prices shouldn’t be too high, as it could make the service inaccessible for some people.
Consider your budget and needs when looking at the pricing of a VPN service. You do not want to overspend on a service that does not offer all the features you need. Also, make sure to read the fine print and see what is included in each subscription plan.
Norton VPN’s price depends on the number of devices you want to protect and the length of time you subscribe for. The more devices and the longer the subscription, the cheaper it is.
NordVPN offers three different subscription plans: one month, one year, and two years. The longer the subscription, the cheaper it is. NordVPN also offers a variety of features with each plan, so you can choose the plan that best fits your needs.
NordVPN offers three packages – Standard, Plus, and Complete.
- The Standard package is the most basic and includes all the essential features. If you just need a VPN for basic security and privacy, then this is the package for you.
- The Plus package includes all the features of the Standard package, plus some extra features: password manager and data scanner.
- The Complete package includes all the features of the Plus package, plus 1 terabyte of cloud storage. If you need a
- VPN for complete security and privacy, then this is the package for you.
- You can save up to 68% with NordVPN’s two-year plan.
Norton VPN has a free trial that allows you to test the service for 30 days before you decide if you want to subscribe.
NordVPN also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try the service risk-free.
Norton is a bit cheaper than Nord but it doesn’t offer as many features and security. So it is up to you to decide what is more important to you. 
Finally, we come to customer support. This is an important feature, especially if you’re not super tech-savvy and need help setting up or troubleshooting your VPN connection. If you have any problems, you should be able to easily contact customer support and get help
- Norton VPN has 24/seven phone and live chat support, which is great. There is also a FAQ section on their website that covers a lot of topics.
- NordVPN also has 24/7 support, but only via live chat. They do have a very comprehensive FAQ section on their website, though. Moreover, there is a knowledge base where you can find video guides and setup tutorials. In addition, you can contact them via email.
We have tested both customer support services and we have to say that they are both very good. We got quick and helpful responses from both companies.
All in all, both Norton VPN and NordVPN are great choices when it comes to VPNs. They both have their pros and cons, but they are both solid options. If you’re looking for a VPN, you can’t go wrong with either of these two.
Who owns NordVPN?
NordVPN has been operated by Tesonet since August 2008. This is a Lithuania-based company that provides a variety of internet security products.
What is the best free VPN?
There is no such thing as a “best” free VPN. However, there are many free VPNs that are not worth your time or money. We recommend that you avoid any free VPN that:
- logs your data
- is based in the United States
- has a history of security breaches
Is NordVPN really private?
Yes. NordVPN is a highly respected and well-recognized provider of VPN services. They are one of the few providers that possess a perfect score on the independent review site, TrustPilot.
Useful Video: Norton Secure VPN. In The Field Review.
VPN is an important tool for anyone who wants to protect their online privacy and security. But with so many VPNs on the market, it can be tough to decide which one is right for you. In this post, we’ve compared two of the most popular VPNs: Norton VPN and NordVPN.
Norton VPN and NordVPN are both great options for those seeking a reliable and affordable VPN service. However, there are some key differences between the two that may make one more appealing than the other.
NordVPN is better in almost every way if we compare it to Norton VPN. It has more features, is faster, and is more reliable. The only area where Norton VPN beats NordVPN is in price and number of simultaneous connections allowed.
If you’re looking for the best VPN possible, NordVPN is the clear winner. However, if you’re on a budget or only need a few simultaneous connections, Norton VPN is still a great option. Whichever VPN you choose, you can be confident that your data and activities are safe and secure.
If you’re still undecided, why not try both Norton VPN and NordVPN risk-free with their respective money-back guarantees? That way, you can decide for yourself which is the better VPN service. Thanks for reading!