- 79+ global server locations
- Strict no-logs policy
- Apps for all your devices
- Lightning speeds
Choose the Best VPN Between ZenMate vs Hola VPN
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated VPN Service in This Comparison
4 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
When it comes to choosing a VPN, there are many options to choose from. In this blog post, we will compare ZenMate and HolaVPN. Both of these VPNs are popular choices, but which one is the best? We will take a look at features such as speed, security, price, and more to help you decide.
Servers and Locations
The first thing you need to check when choosing a VPN is the number of servers they have and their locations. This will give you an idea of how reliable the VPN is. If they only have a few servers, it’s likely that they’re not very reliable. If they have servers all over the world, it’s more likely that they’re a reliable VPN.
In addition, this also gives you an idea of how fast the VPN is. If they have servers all over the world, it’s likely that their speeds are faster than a VPN with only a few servers. This is because they have more resources to invest in their network.
- ZenMate has over 4000 servers in 80 countries.  This means that they’re a very reliable VPN. In addition, their speeds are very fast. It is much more than what most people need, but it is always good to have more choices. The number of servers also means that you are less likely to encounter slow speeds or connection issues.
- Hola has around 1500 servers in 41 countries.  This means that you can unblock content from various countries all over the world. This number is constantly growing, so you can expect even more servers and locations in the future.
If you need some specific locations, it is worth checking the list of servers to see if the VPN has them. For example, if you want to unblock US Netflix, you’ll need a server in the US.
ZenMate has servers in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and more. Make sure to check the full list to see if they have the location you need. This will ensure that you can unblock the content you want.
Hola also has servers in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and more. Again, make sure to check the full list of servers to see if they have the location you need. You may need to use a different server for some sites, so options are good.
ZenMate wins in this category with a greater number of servers and locations.
The second most important factor is speed. Speed is essential for many reasons.
- Firstly, the faster your VPN connection is, the less likely you are to experience buffering when streaming video content. It means you can enjoy HD content without having to wait for it to load.
- Secondly, a fast connection is also important if you want to download large files quickly. For example, if you’re downloading a movie or an album, you don’t want to have to wait hours for it to finish.
- Thirdly, speed is also important for gaming. A fast connection means that you can enjoy online gaming without lag.
- Fourthly, a fast VPN connection can help improve your internet browsing experience. A slow connection can make pages take longer to load and can make your internet browsing experience frustrating.
- Finally, a fast VPN connection can help you stay anonymous online. A slow connection can give away your real IP address, which can lead to identity theft or fraud.
In terms of speed, ZenMate is the clear winner. ZenMate’s servers are some of the fastest in the industry and can provide you with a fast and reliable connection. 
Hola, on the other hand, is not as fast as ZenMate. Hola’s free version uses your internet connection to route traffic through other users’ devices, which can slow down your connection.
We have tested both ZenMate and Hola and can confirm that ZenMate is the faster of the two. We checked their speeds at various times of the day and found that ZenMate was consistently faster than Hola.
So if speed is important to you, we recommend you choose ZenMate over Hola.
The most important thing for a VPN is security. VPN is here to protect your data and identity from being stolen or hacked. This factor depends on the encryption protocol used as well as the strength of that encryption. If a VPN doesn’t have strong security, then it’s not worth using. Moreover, if a VPN is not secure, it can actually be dangerous to use.
To choose a VPN with good security, you need to look at three things: encryption, protocols, and logging policy.The most common type of encryption is AES 256-bit encryption. This is the standard used by the US government and is considered to be very secure.
Protocols are the set of rules that govern how VPNs work. The most common protocols are OpenVPN, LTP/IPsec, and PPTP. Of these, OpenVPN is the most secure.
Logging policy is a record of what a VPN service does with your data. A good logging policy will keep no logs of your data or activity. This means that even if the government asks for logs, the VPN company will have nothing to give them.
So let’s take a closer look at the security of ZenMate and Hola VPN.
- ZenMate uses AES 256-bit encryption and OpenVPN protocol by default. This makes it a very secure VPN. It also offers such protocols as IPSec, IKEv2, and P2TP/IPSec, but we recommend using OpenVPN whenever possible.  The reason for this is that IPSec is less secure than OpenVPN and IKEv20 can be easily blocked.
- Hola VPN also uses AES 256-bit encryption. However, it uses the KEv2/IPSEC protocol by default.  It is the only protocol that Hola offers. This is not as secure as OpenVPN, but it’s still pretty good. It is not the worst protocol out there.
Now let’s switch to logging policies.
If you are concerned about your privacy, then you should pay attention to a VPN’s logging policy. This is a record of what the VPN service does with your data. There are different types of logging policies, such as:
No logs: This is the best kind of logging policy. It means that the VPN service does not keep any records of your data or activity. You can be confident that your privacy is protected. If a VPN claims to have a no-logs policy, you should check to see if it is audited by a third party.
- Some logs: This means that the VPN service keeps some records of your data or activity. This may include information such as your IP address, the websites you visit, or the amount of data you use.
- All logs: This is the worst kind of logging policy. It means that it keeps a complete record of your data and activity. This could be used to track you or sell your information. Such policies are a major red flag. I would recommend avoiding any VPN service that has an all logs policy.
When it comes to logging policies, ZenMate and Hola VPN are at opposite ends of the spectrum.
- ZenMate has a strict no-logs policy. However, they do keep some basic logs, such as contact, payment, and transaction information. This is to be expected, as it is necessary for the VPN service to function. Most importantly, these logs are not linked to your IP address or any other personal information. 
- Hola VPN, on the other hand, has an all logs policy. As for me, it is better not to use VPN at all than to use one that keeps such records of my data and activity. Hola has disappointed me greatly in this regard. If you want to stay anonymous, I suggest you look elsewhere. Such VPNs as Hola are best avoided. 
Finally, you can read user reviews to understand what other people think about the provider’s logging policy.
So in terms of privacy and security, ZenMate is the clear winner.
The next thing we wanted to compare was the number of connections each service allows. This is important if you have a lot of devices that you want to protect with a VPN. For example, if you have a big family or live in a multi-unit dwelling, you might want to connect more than one device at a time.
If you have many devices like this and you want to protect all of them, then you need to make sure that the provider you pick will offer enough connections.
Usually, there are two types of VPN connections: simultaneous and per-device.
- Simultaneous connections mean that you can have as many devices connected to the VPN service at the same time as you want.
- Per-device means that you can only have one device connected to the VPN service at a time. So, if you have three laptops, two smartphones, and a tablet, you can only connect one of them to the VPN at a time.
Now let’s find out how many connections each service offers.
- ZenMate allows for five simultaneous connections at once. This means that you can connect all of your devices to the VPN at the same time and not have to worry about exceeding the limit.
- Hola VPN offers 10 simultaneous connections. This is a great option if you have a lot of devices that you want to connect to the VPN. And, it’s also a great option if you want to connect to the VPN on multiple devices at the same time. 
So, when it comes to the number of connections, Hola VPN is the better option. But, let’s see if there are any other differences between these two services.
Another major concern when choosing a VPN service is the user interface. This is because a good user interface can make it very easy to use the VPN while a bad one can make it very difficult. You want to be able to easily connect to the VPN and disconnect from it when you need to. You also want to be able to choose which server you want to connect to.
When choosing a VPN with a good user interface, you should also consider how easy it is to use. A good user interface will be very easy to use and will have all the features that you need. It should also be very easy to understand. A color scheme that is easy on the eyes is also a good idea.
- The user interface of ZenMate is very good. It is very easy to connect and disconnect from the VPN. You can also easily choose which server you want to connect to. In addition, the user interface is available in many different languages. Moreover, the user interface is also very easy to use. I like the fact that you can easily see the server load and the connection speed.
- Hola offers a very different user interface. It is not as easy to use as ZenMate and does not have all the features you need. However, it looks good and the colors are comfortable for the eyes. Design-wise, I prefer Hola over ZenMate.
When it comes to a user interface, it is often about personal preference. I prefer ZenMate because it is easier to use and has more features. However, if you like the design of Hola better, then that is also a good choice.
Company & Jurisdiction
The next thing we need to compare is the company and jurisdiction of each provider. This is important because it will give us an idea of how reliable and trustworthy they are. Moreover, it will also help us understand what kind of data protection laws they have in place.
Some countries have very strict data protection laws, while others are more relaxed. This is why it’s important to know where your VPN provider is based.
- ZenMate is a German company and it is subject to the strict data protection laws of the European Union. This means that your data is safe from government surveillance and other third-party snooping. However, they are also required to disclose any information about their users to the authorities if requested.
- Hola, on the other hand, is based in Israel. This country has more relaxed data protection laws, which means that your data is not as safe as it is with ZenMate. This makes Hola less reliable and trustworthy than ZenMate.
It sounds a bit controversial, I know, but that’s just the way it is. So, if you’re looking for a more reliable and trustworthy VPN provider, then ZenMate is the better choice. However, if you’re looking for a VPN provider that offers more privacy and security, then Hola is the better choice.
Both VPNs are based in countries that are considered to be a part of fourteen eyes. This means that these countries share information about their citizens with each other. 
If you’re looking for a VPN provider that is not based in a fourteen eyes country, then neither ZenMate nor Hola are the right choice for you.
Look for VPNs based in countries like Panama, Switzerland, or Romania. These countries have much stricter data protection laws and they are not required to share information about their citizens with other countries.
Netflix & Streaming
The next big aspect that everyone looks for in a VPN is whether or not it can unblock Netflix. This is a huge focus for many people because let’s face it, who doesn’t love Netflix? Many users buy subscription plans to the service so that they can have access to its massive library of TV shows and movies.
The VPN providers are always trying to find new ways to get around the barriers that Netflix has put up and Netflix is always working on new ways to block the VPNs.
Netflix is always on the lookout for VPNs that are able to unblock it and once they find one, they quickly block it. This means that you need to be very careful when choosing a VPN for Netflix. You need to make sure that it is able to unblock the streaming service and that it is not on Netflix’s list of blocked VPNs.
If you are a big fan of Netflix, then you need to make sure that the VPN you are using can unblock it. Unfortunately, many VPNs are unable to unblock Netflix due to the fact that the streaming service has made it very difficult for them. The company has put up many barriers to prevent VPNs from being able to unblock it.
Let’s take a look at how ZenMate and Hola VPN stack up against each other when it comes to unblocking Netflix:
- ZenMate is one of the few VPNs that are able to unblock Netflix. This is thanks to the fact that it uses Smart DNS technology instead of trying to bypass the restrictions that have been put in place by Netflix.
- Hola VPN is another one that unblocks Netflix. This is because it uses a technology known as split tunneling. Split tunneling allows you to route some of your traffic through a VPN while still being able to access other services that are not blocked by the VPN.
You can also access HBO easily with both of these VPNs. It is great for people who want to be able to watch their favorite shows without any restrictions. 
Both ZenMate and Hola VPN are able to unblock Netflix. However, ZenMate is a better choice if you are looking for a VPN that can also provide you with other features such as security and privacy.
Another aspect to consider is torrenting. This activity requires a lot of data, so you want to make sure your VPN can handle it. Many VPNs limit torrenting, either by slowing down your speeds or outright blocking it. Others are more permissive, allowing you to torrent as much as you want.
Note that torrenting might be illegal in your country. Be sure to check your local laws before doing it.
Torrenting is a riskier activity than just downloading files, so make sure you know what the VPN’s policy is before you start. Moreover, because not all servers allow it, you might have to switch around a bit to find one that does.
If you plan to download files using BitTorrent, then you’ll want to make sure your VPN supports it. Hola does not support torrenting, while ZenMate does. It is important to note, however, that ZenMate’s free service does not support torrenting. You’ll need to upgrade to a paid subscription in order to use this feature.
ZenMate also offers unlimited bandwidth and data, while Hola limits you to a certain amount each month. This is another area where ZenMate comes out ahead.
ZenMate also offers more server locations than Hola.
When it comes to torrenting, ZenMate is the winner.
Plans & Pricing
Finally, we come to the most important part of any VPN service – pricing. It should be taken into account because it will have a direct impact on your budget. Moreover, it is one of the main reasons why people are looking for a VPN service in the first place – to save money.
ZenMate offers three different plans – Free, Pro, and Ultimate.
- The free plan is obviously the most limited in terms of features and functionality. It only allows you to connect to servers in 4 countries (US, Germany, Hong Kong, and Hungary) and doesn’t offer any of the more advanced features.
- The Pro plan is priced at $6.99 per month and gives you access to all of ZenMate’s features and servers in 80+ countries.
- If you want the absolute best, however, you’ll need to go for the Ultimate plan. It’s priced at $10.99 per month but gives you access to servers in 80+ countries as well as a few extra features.
In contrast, Hola VPN only offers two plans – Free and Premium.
- The free plan is supported by ads and only offers limited bandwidth.
- The Premium plan is ad-free and gives you unlimited bandwidth as well as access to a few extra features.
It’s priced at $11.95 per month, which is a bit more expensive than ZenMate’s top-tier plan.
Is ZenMate VPN trustworthy?
Yes. ZenMate is a highly trusted and reliable VPN service with over 43 million users worldwide.
Is Hola VPN a virus?
No. However, some users have reported that Hola VPN has caused their computers to slow down or crash. If you experience any issues while using Hola VPN, we recommend that you uninstall it and try a different VPN service.
How can VPN help you?
VPNs can help you stay anonymous online, bypass government censorship, and unblock websites or content that may be blocked in your country. Moreover, VPNs can also help protect your online privacy and data from hackers and cybercriminals.
Do I need a VPN?
If you value your privacy and security online, then we recommend that you use a VPN. However, if you only want to access geo-blocked content or bypass government censorship, then a free proxy service may suffice.
Do I need to pay for a VPN?
No, you don’t necessarily need to pay for a VPN. There are many free VPN services available, though they usually have lower data limits and slower speeds. If you need a VPN for more demanding tasks such as streaming HD video or downloading large files, then we recommend that you upgrade to a paid subscription.
Paid VPNs usually offer better performance and more features than free VPNs.
Useful Video: ZenMate VPN
VPN service providers are a dime a dozen. However, not all VPNs are created equal. Some offer more features than others. Some are faster than others. And some are more reliable than others.
ZenMate and Hola VPN are two of the most popular VPN providers on the market. But which one is the best?
Both ZenMate and Hola VPN have their pros and cons. However, after comparing both, we think ZenMate is the better option overall.
ZenMate is faster, more reliable, and offers more features than Hola VPN. Moreover, it is also more affordable. If you’re looking for a VPN provider that can give you the best possible experience, we recommend ZenMate.
Do you agree with our assessment? Let us know in the comments below!
Check out our other blog posts for more VPN comparisons and reviews.
I hope this comparison was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll do our best to answer them.
Thanks for reading!