Choose the Best VPN Between VPN Unlimited vs PIA (Private Internet Access)
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated VPN Service in This Comparison
9 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable VPN service, you may be wondering which one to choose: VPN Unlimited or PIA (Private Internet Access). In this article, we will compare these two services and help you decide which is the best option for you. VPN Unlimited and PIA are highly respected providers, but each has unique strengths and weaknesses. Let’s take a look at them in more detail!
Servers and Locations
First of all, we should discuss such factors as servers and their locations. This is important for several reasons.
- The more servers there are, the better your chances are to find a server that suits your needs in terms of speed and location. For example, if you want to connect to a server in a specific country, it’s better to have more options.
- The number of servers also matters for the overall speed and stability of the connection. If there are too many users on one server, your speed will suffer. Moreover, a large number of servers can help you avoid connection drops.
- Finally, server locations are important because they determine which websites and services you will be able to access. For instance, if you want to unblock US Netflix, you need a server in the United States.
Now that we’ve discussed the importance of servers, let’s see how VPN Unlimited and PIA compare in this regard.
- VPN Unlimited has over 500 servers in more than 50+ locations. This gives you a lot of options for finding a fast connection, no matter where you are. Moreover, their servers are spread out over many different countries.
- Private Internet Access, on the other hand, has over 3300 servers in more than 30 countries. This is an imposing number, and it means that you’re likely to find a server close to you, no matter where you are. However, it has fewer server locations than VPN Unlimited. So, if you need to connect to a server in a specific country, you might have to settle for a slower connection.
As you can see, VPN Unlimited offers more locations, while PIA offers more servers.
The quality of the servers themselves is also important.
For example, if a server is overloaded with users, it will be slow for everyone. On the other hand, a server that is well-maintained and has enough bandwidth for all its users will be much faster.
Unfortunately, it’s difficult to judge the quality of a server without actually using it. This is why we recommend that you try out both VPN Unlimited and PIA to see which one works better for you.
The second thing we looked at was speed. We all know how frustrating it is when your VPN connection slows down your internet connection. No one wants to wait around for a page to load, especially if you’re in the middle of streaming or playing a game.
Moreover, we wanted to make sure that the VPNs we tested didn’t slow down our internet connection too much. This can result in a lot of buffering and can make streaming almost impossible.
Finally, we wanted to see if there were any major differences in speed between the two VPNs.
We tested the speed of both VPN Unlimited and Private Internet Access by running a series of speed tests on different servers. We tested each server multiple times to get an accurate reading.
The results of our tests showed that Private Internet Access was slightly faster than VPN Unlimited. However, the difference in speed was not significant enough to make a major impact on your experience. The number of servers has affected the results of the test, so it’s possible that the results could change if we tested on different servers.
However, it’s important to remember that speeds will vary depending on the server you’re connecting to, as well as your own internet connection. This means that the results of our tests may not be indicative of your own experience.
So, if you’re looking for the fastest possible connection, PIA is the better choice. However, both VPNs are fast enough that you shouldn’t have any major issues with speed.
The next important thing to consider is security and privacy.
- This factor is important because you want to make sure your data is safe and secure, and you don’t want anyone snooping on your online activity.
- Additionally, security is important if you’re using a VPN to access sensitive information or for work. For example, if you’re a journalist working in a country with an oppressive regime, you’ll need to be extra careful about your online security. Or if you’re accessing company data remotely, you want to make sure it’s safe from potential hackers.
- Finally, some people use VPNs to bypass censorship. For example, if you’re in China and want to access Western news sites, you’ll need a VPN to get around the Great Firewall of China.
If you want to make sure that your VPN is secure, look at these factors:
- The encryption protocol – these are the algorithms used to encrypt your data. There are a few different types, but the most common are OpenVPN, PPTP, and LTP. They are important because they determine how secure your data is.
- The strength of the encryption – is measured in bits, and the higher the number of bits, the stronger the encryption. For example, 128-bit encryption is stronger than 64-bit encryption. There are also newer protocols that offer even stronger encryption, like 256-bit encryption.
- The logging policy – is important because it determines what, if any, information the VPN keeps about your online activity. A no-logging policy means that the VPN doesn’t keep any records of your online activity. This is the most secure option.
- The jurisdiction – this is the country where the VPN is based. It’s important because it affects what laws the VPN is subject to. For example, if a VPN is based in a country with strict data retention laws, it may be forced to keep your records.
- The security features – includes things like a kill switch and DNS leak protection. DNS leak protection ensures that your DNS requests are going through the VPN, and not leaking out to your ISP.
So let’s move on to the comparison of the two VPN providers – PIA and VPN Unlimited.
- Protocols: Both PIA and VPN Unlimited support the OpenVPN protocol, so you can be confident that your data is encrypted and secure. They also both offer other protocols, like IKEv2, and L2TP/IPsec. However, VPN Unlimited also offers WireGuard, which is a newer, more secure protocol.
- Encryption Strength: Both PIA and VPN Unlimited offer strong encryption, with 256-bit encryption. I think it’s important to note that both providers offer this high level of encryption by default, so you don’t have to worry about changing any settings.
- Logging Policy: PIA has a strict no-logging policy. This is important if you’re concerned about your privacy. And here is where the problems start for VPN Unlimited. They keep logs of user data, including IP addresses, connection types, time zones, and device codes. This is not good for security and privacy. 
- Jurisdiction: Both Private Internet Access and VPN Unlimited are based in the United States. This is not ideal from a privacy standpoint, because the US has strict data retention laws. This means that the VPNs may be forced to keep some records. In addition, the US is a member of the Five Eyes intelligence-sharing alliance.
PIA and VPN Unlimited both offer many security features like:
- A kill-switch – to prevent your data from being exposed if the VPN connection drops
- DNS leak protection – to ensure that your DNS requests are going through the VPN
- Ad-blocker – to block unwanted ads and pop-ups. This is a great feature if you’re looking for a VPN to use while browsing the web.
- Malware protection – to protect you from malicious software from websites. For example, if you accidentally click on a link to a virus, the VPN will block it and keep your device safe.
So, as you can see, there are some differences between PIA and VPN Unlimited. Overall, I think PIA is the better choice. They have a strict no-logging policy, so you can be confident that your data is secure.
Another big aspect you should consider when choosing a VPN Service is the number of connections that are allowed. This is important if you have a lot of devices that you want to protect with a VPN. For example, if you have a big family or live in a multi-unit dwelling, you might want to connect more than one device at a time.
If you have many devices like this and you want to protect all of them, then you need to make sure that the provider you pick will offer enough connections. Moreover, it is important to check if the provider charges extra for more connections.However, there are a few that go above and beyond this.
Usually, there are two types of connections that a provider will offer: single and simultaneous.
- With a single connection, you can only use the VPN on one device at a time. This means that if you want to use the VPN on your phone, you will have to disconnect it from your computer.
- Simultaneous connections, on the other hand, allow you to use the VPN on multiple devices at the same time. This is much more convenient and means that you can protect all of your devices with a single account.
So, when you are considering a VPN service, make sure to check how many connections are allowed. If you have a lot of devices, then you will need a provider that offers simultaneous connections. Now let’s take a look at a number of simultaneous connections offered by two of the most popular VPN providers.
- Private Internet Access offers an unlimited number of connections and it is great! If you have a lot of devices or people in your household who want to use the VPN, this is the service for you.
- VPN Unlimited offers five connections with their standard plan and it’s possible to add more devices by paying an additional fee. Therefore, it might not be the best choice for those who need more than five connections and do not want to pay for any extras. 
So, if you need more than five connections, VPN Unlimited is not the best option. However, if you do not need more than five connections, then it is a great choice too.
One more important thing to consider is the user interface of each VPN. A good user interface will make it easy for you to find the features you need and use them with ease. On the other hand, a bad user interface can be confusing and overwhelming, making it hard for you to get the most out of your VPN. You want to be able to easily connect to the VPN and disconnect from it when you need to. You also want to be able to choose which server you want to connect to.
In addition, the user interface can be a deciding factor when it comes to whether or not you’ll be able to use a VPN on your mobile device. Some VPNs have great mobile apps that are easy to use, while others have apps that are difficult to navigate.
A good user interface will show you all the important information at a glance, such as your current IP address, server location, and connection status. It will also let you easily connect to the VPN with a single click.
- When it comes to the user interface, VPN Unlimited has a very intuitive UI that’s easy to use. The design is modern and sleek, and the software is highly customizable. You can change the colors, buttons, icons, and layout to suit your needs. Moreover, you can use the software on your mobile device without any problems. The only downside is that the software doesn’t have a lot of features.
- Private Internet Access also has a user-friendly interface, but it’s not as sleek or modern as VPN Unlimited. The software is still easy to use and navigate, so you won’t have any problems using it. I really like PIA’s mobile app. It’s well-designed and easy to use. In addition, PIA has a lot more features than VPN Unlimited. One more advantage of PIA is that it’s available in more languages than VPN Unlimited.
If you’re looking for a VPN with a great user interface, both VPN Unlimited and PIA are good choices. However, if you want a VPN with more features, PIA is the better option. And remember that it all comes down to your personal preferences. Some people might prefer a sleek and modern interface, while others might prefer a more feature-rich interface. So, try out both VPNs and see which one you like better.
Netflix & Streaming
The next important thing to consider is whether or not the VPN can unblock Netflix and other streaming services. Netflix is becoming increasingly popular, and more people are using it to watch their favorite shows. However, not all shows and movies are available in all countries. This is where a VPN comes in handy, as it can unblock Netflix and allow you to watch shows that are not available in your country.The reason for this is that Netflix has been working hard to block IP addresses associated with VPNs.
So if you are a big fan of Netflix, then you need to make sure that the VPN you are using can unblock it. Unfortunately, many VPNs are unable to unblock Netflix due to the fact that the streaming service has made it very difficult for them. The company has put up many barriers to prevent VPNs from being able to unblock it.
In addition, some VPNs throttle your speeds when streaming, making it impossible to enjoy HD or even standard-definition content. So, it’s important to choose a VPN that can unblock Netflix and doesn’t throttle your speeds.
I tested both VPN Unlimited and PIA with Netflix, and they were able to unblock the streaming service. However, both providers are able only to unblock US Netflix. This means that if you’re trying to watch Netflix from another country, you won’t be able to do so with either VPN. 
In terms of speeds, both VPN Unlimited and PIA were fast enough to stream Netflix in HD. I didn’t experience any buffering or lag, and the video quality was excellent.
Other streaming services, such as BBC iPlayer and Hulu, are also blocked by Netflix. However, both VPN Unlimited and PIA were able to unblock these services.
So, if you’re looking for a VPN that can unblock US Netflix, then I would recommend either VPN Unlimited or PIA. Both providers are able to unblock the streaming service, and they offer fast speeds for HD streaming. However, if you’re trying to unblock Netflix from another country, then you’ll need to look elsewhere.
Torrenting is a popular way to download files, but it’s not always legal. Many countries have cracked down on torrenting, and ISPs often throttle speeds for users who are caught downloading copyrighted material. That’s why it’s important to choose a VPN that supports torrenting.
In addition, some VPNs don’t allow torrenting on their servers. That’s because they’re worried about being liable if users download copyrighted material. However, there are plenty of safe and legal ways to torrent, so this shouldn’t be a dealbreaker.
Finally, make sure your VPN doesn’t keep logs of your activity. Otherwise, your ISP could hand over your information to copyright holders or law enforcement.
We looked at whether each service supports torrenting and whether they allow it on all of their servers.
We have tested both VPNs for torrenting and found that both work well. However, PIA is a bit faster than VPN Unlimited. The reason for this is that PIA has more servers, so there’s less congestion.
It does not mean that VPN Unlimited is a bad choice for torrenting. In fact, it’s still a very good option. It’s just not quite as fast as PIA.
Customer support is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a VPN service. If you ever have any problems with your VPN connection or need help troubleshooting, you’ll want to be able to reach customer support easily. Or, if you’re not tech-savvy, you’ll at least want a VPN service with extensive documentation.
Usually, you can contact customer support through a live chat or email. Some VPN providers also have phone support.
We tested the customer support of VPN Unlimited and PIA by sending them both a question through their live chat. Here’s how they responded:
- VPN Unlimited: We were able to get in touch with a customer support representative within a minute. They were very friendly and helpful, and they answered our questions quickly.
- PIA: It took us a few minutes to get in touch with a customer support representative. They were also helpful, but it took them a bit longer to answer our questions.
Overall, we were impressed with the customer support of both VPN providers. However, VPN Unlimited was slightly better in terms of response time.
Does PIA VPN work with Chrome?
PIA is compatible with most major browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. You can also use PIA with your router, gaming console, and more.
What are the best settings for PIA VPN?
There are no one-size-fits-all answers to this question, as the best settings for PIA VPN will vary depending on your needs and preferences. However, we recommend using the following settings:
- Protocol: OpenVPN (UDP)
- Encryption: AES-256-CBC
- Authentication: SHA512
Why does Chrome not work with VPN?
There are a few possible reasons why Chrome might not work with your VPN. First, make sure that you are using the correct VPN protocol (usually OpenVPN). Second, check that your VPN’s encryption settings are compatible with Chrome. Finally, try restarting both Chrome and your VPN client.
If you’re still having trouble, contact your VPN’s customer support for more help.
How often do I need to renew my PIA subscription?
Your PIA subscription will automatically renew every year unless you cancel it. You can also choose to manually renew your subscription at any time. Choose your plan and payment method, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete your purchase.
Why is VPN important?
VPNs are important because they provide a number of security and privacy benefits. VPNs encrypt your traffic, which prevents your ISP from tracking your online activity. Additionally, VPNs can bypass geo-restrictions and allow you to access blocked content. Finally, VPNs can help protect you from online threats such as malware and phishing attacks.
Are all VPNs the same?
No, all VPNs are not the same. Different VPNs offer different features, and some are more suitable for certain needs than others. When choosing a VPN, it’s important to consider your needs and preferences. For example, if you’re looking for a VPN with strong security and privacy features, you might want to consider a paid VPN.
Useful Video: VPN Unlimited Review & Tutorial
VPN is a great way to keep your identity and data safe while online, but it’s important to choose the right provider. If you’re looking for a VPN provider, it’s important to choose one that’s right for you. In this VPN Unlimited vs PIA (Private Internet Access) comparison, we take a look at both providers in detail to see which one is the best.
VPN Unlimited offers a great service with fast speeds, strong security, and a user-friendly interface. However, it’s more expensive than PIA and doesn’t have as many features.
PIA is a great all-around VPN provider with good speeds, strong security, and a reasonable price. It doesn’t have as many servers as VPN Unlimited, but it does have a few more features.
Overall, both VPN providers are great choices, but PIA is the better option if you’re looking for value. It’s cheaper and has more features, making it the better choice for most people.
Just consider your needs and budget when choosing a VPN provider, and you’ll be able to find the perfect one for you. Thanks for reading!
I hope this article helped you make a decision in the VPN Unlimited vs PIA debate.
If you’re still undecided, why not try both providers and see which one you like better? You can always cancel one if you don’t like it.
Whichever provider you choose, just make sure to use a VPN wherever you go online. It’s the best way to keep your data and identity safe.
Stay safe out there!
Do you have any questions about VPNs or need help choosing a provider? Leave a comment below and I’ll be happy to help.