Choose the Best VPN Between NordVPN vs StrongVPN
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated VPN Service in This Comparison
3 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
If you’re looking for a VPN, you might be wondering whether to choose NordVPN or StrongVPN. Both of these providers are popular and have their pros and cons. In this article, we’ll compare NordVPN and StrongVPN so that you can decide which one is the best fit for your needs.
Servers and Locations
I would like to start with the number of servers each provider has. This is important because the more servers a provider has, the more likely you are to find one that is fast and reliable. It ensures that there are enough resources for all users and that you’re not competing with too many people for the same server.
Another important factor is the location of the servers. This is important because the closer the server is to you, the faster your connection will be. If you’re trying to access a website that is only available in certain countries, you’ll need to make sure that the provider has servers in those countries.
In addition, a number of servers and locations are important for security.
- NordVPN also has an extensive server network with over 5500 servers in 60+ countries. It is much more than what most people need, but it is always good to have more choices. The number of servers also means that you are less likely to encounter slow speeds or connection issues.
- StrongVPN currently has over 950 servers in more than 30 countries. This means that you can unblock content from almost anywhere in the world. This number is constantly growing, so you can expect even more servers and locations in the future. 
If we take a closer look at the server networks of these two providers, we can see that NordVPN has a clear advantage. With more than twice as many servers, it is more likely that you will find a server that meets your needs.
Moreover, if you need to access a website from a country with strict censorship laws, NordVPN is the better choice. With servers in 60+ countries, it is more likely that you will find a server that can bypass censorship.
The second most critical thing to consider when choosing a VPN is speed. This is important for several reasons.
- The first is that a slow VPN can cause delays in your internet connection. This can be frustrating if you’re trying to stream a video. For example, you might get a buffer or have to wait for the video to load.
- The second reason is that VPNs impact your online security. A slower connection can mean that your data is more vulnerable to being intercepted by third parties. A slower connection means that your data has more time to be intercepted and decrypted by someone who shouldn’t have access to it.
- The third reason is that downloading and uploading files takes longer with a slow VPN. This can be a problem if you’re working with large files. For example, you might be working on a design project that requires large image files.
As you can see, speed is important for several reasons. So, how do NordVPN and StrongVPN compare in terms of speed?
You should remember that your speed results will vary depending on a number of factors, including your location, the server you’re connecting to, and the time of day.
- That being said, we’ve found that NordVPN is generally faster than StrongVPN. In our tests, we were able to get speeds of up to 90 Mbps with NordVPN, while StrongVPN topped out at around 60 Mbps.
- NordVPN also offers a wider range of server locations than StrongVPN. This means that you’re more likely to find a NordVPN server that’s close to your location, which can also help with speed.
- Finally, NordVPN has a feature called Smart Play. This is designed to help you get around geo-restrictions and improve streaming speeds. StrongVPN doesn’t have anything similar.
If speed is your top priority, then NordVPN is the better choice.
The next important thing to consider is security. You want to make sure that you’re using a VPN service that is going to keep your data safe and secure. Actually, security and privacy is the main reason why people use a VPN in the first place.
One more reason why security is so important is that you may be accessing sensitive information or websites while you’re using a VPN. For example, if you’re using a VPN to access your bank account online.
In terms of security, NordVPN and StrongVPN are both very good. However, there are some slight differences.
- Both VPNs offer military-grade AES-256-bit encryption. This is the same type of encryption that is used by the US government. So, you can be sure that your data is safe and secure with either VPN. However, NordVPN also offers a double VPN feature which encrypts your data twice for extra security. StrongVPN does not offer this feature.
The most common protocol is OpenVPN, which is considered to be the most secure. Both StrongVPN and NordVPN use this protocol. This is good news for security, as it means that your data is well-protected. However, there are other protocols available.
- NordVPN also offers such protocols as IPsec, IKEv2, PPTP, and L2TP/IPSec. They are not as popular as OpenVPN, but they are still considered to be secure.
- StrongVPN, on the other hand, uses also IPsec, L2TP IKEv2, and SSTP protocols. SSTP is a Microsoft protocol that is considered to be very secure. 
In terms of security, you should also consider additional features. These are features that add an extra layer of security to your data.
- NordVPN offers a lot of additional features, such as CyberSec, which protects you from malware and other online threats. They also have an automatic kill switch, which will disconnect you from the internet if your VPN connection is lost. This prevents your data from being exposed. DNS and IPv6 leak protection is also included, which ensures that your real IP address and location are never exposed, even if the VPN connection is lost. Split tunneling is another feature that NordVPN offers, which allows you to route some of your traffic through the VPN while other traffic is routed directly to the internet. There are many more security features offered by NordVPN, which you can read about on their website.
- StrongVPN also offers some additional security features, such as a kill switch, split tunneling (but only for android), and leak protection. For some people, it is more than enough, while others prefer to have more security features.
It is up to you to decide which of these VPNs is the best for you in terms of security. If you are looking for a VPN with more security features, then NordVPN is the better option. However, both VPNs are very secure and will protect your data.
One more important aspect of security and privacy is a VPN’s logging policy. This is the information a VPN collects about its users and their online activity. The main types of data that VPNs can collect are traffic logs and metadata logs.
- Traffic logs show what websites you visit and when. For example, they can show that you accessed Facebook at 12:34 pm on January 21.
- Metadata logs are a little more detailed. They can include your IP address, the amount of data you transfer, and which server you connect to.
Some VPNs keep both types of logs, while others only keep one or the other. And some VPNs don’t keep any logs at all. This is the best type of logging policy because it means that even if the VPN is hacked, there’s no data for the hackers to steal.
The best VPN service will have a strict no-logs policy. This ensures that your privacy is protected at all times.
- NordVPN is very transparent about its logging policy. NordVPN has a clear and concise logging policy which is available to read on their website. In short, they do not keep any logs that could be used to identify you or your device. This is the best type of logging policy as it gives you complete anonymity online. NordVPN is registered in
- Panama, which has strong privacy laws. This means that NordVPN is subject to Panama’s data retention laws, which do not require VPNs to keep logs of user data. It’s also worth noting that NordVPN is one of the few VPNs to have been audited by a third party. This audit confirmed that NordVPN is doing what it says it’s doing and is not keeping any logs.
- StrongVPN, on the other hand, is not as transparent about its logging policy. StrongVPN’s logging policy is available to read on their website but it is not as clear or concise as NordVPN. In short, they claim to keep no logs that could identify you or your device. However, they do keep some connection logs. This means that StrongVPN is not a completely anonymous VPN service. It is also based in the US, which has data retention laws. This means that StrongVPN is required to keep logs of user data. 
Remember, a VPN is only as good as its logging policy. A VPN that keeps logs of your data is not a good VPN.
Another important factor to consider when choosing a VPN is the user interface. This is the part of the software that you interact with and it should be easy to use. You will want to be able to connect and disconnect from the VPN with just a few clicks. A user wants an interface that is both intuitive and visually appealing.
Customization is also important for the user interface. You should be able to change settings and preferences to better suit your needs. Some users might want a simple interface while others might want more options.
The color scheme is also something to consider when choosing a VPN. You want an interface that is easy on the eyes and not too bright or overwhelming. Otherwise, you will find yourself getting frustrated with the software.
- NordVPN has a very user-friendly interface that is both easy to use and visually appealing. There are only a few clicks needed to connect or disconnect from the VPN. The interface is also customizable, so you can change settings and preferences to better suit your needs. The color scheme is easy on the eyes and not too bright or overwhelming.
- StrongVPN, on the other hand, is not so attractive. The interface is dated and not as user-friendly as NordVPN. There is more time needed to get familiar with the interface and find the settings that you want to change. The color scheme is also not as pleasing and can be a bit too bright for some users. However, some users like this UI more than NordVPN.
It really comes to personal preference when it comes to the user interface.
NordVPN has a more modern look and feel while StrongVPN has a more traditional look. If you are looking for simplicity, then NordVPN is the way to go. But if you don’t mind a learning curve and want more options, then StrongVPN might be better for you.
One more important thing to consider while choosing a VPN is the number of connections it allows. If you have many devices that need protection, you’ll want a provider that offers unlimited simultaneous connections. Or if you only use one device at a time, you can find a provider that limits the number of connections to save you money.Otherwise, you may be surprised later on and find out that you can’t use your VPN the way you wanted to.
- NordVPN offers up to six simultaneous connections. It is more than enough for most users, but if you have a lot of devices, you may need to find another provider.
- StrongVPN allows up to twelve simultaneous connections, which is one of the highest in the industry. Strong has impressed us with such a big number, considering most providers only offer five or fewer. So if you need to protect many devices, StrongVPN is a good choice.
If you have a big family or just want to protect all your devices, we recommend going with StrongVPN. If you only need a few connections, NordVPN will work just as well.
Netflix & Streaming
The next big thing we look for in a VPN service is whether it can unblock Netflix. We all know how frustrating it is when you’re trying to watch your favorite show, only to be greeted with the dreaded “this content is not available in your region” message. If you have such a problem, you need a VPN that offers a fast and reliable connection, as well as a wide selection of server locations.
In addition, we also look for a VPN that can unblock other popular streaming services, such as Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video. However, Netflix is the most difficult to access, so a VPN that can unblock it is definitely worth considering.
So, how do NordVPN and StrongVPN fare in this department?
- Both NordVPN and StrongVPN were able to unblock Netflix with the US server without any problems. We were able to stream in HD without any buffering or lag. However, Strong offers only this one server location for Netflix, while Nord provides servers in many other regions. 
- If you’re looking to unblock other streaming services, both NordVPN and StrongVPN can do that as well. We were able to access Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video without any issues.
In addition, you need high-speed streaming because buffering can be a pain. Thankfully, both NordVPN and Strong offer fast connections so you can enjoy your favorite shows without any lag or buffering. However, if you’re looking for the fastest possible speeds, NordVPN is the better choice as it offers more server locations.
Finally, both NordVPN and Strong have DNS and IPv leak protection so your identity remains safe while you’re streaming.
In conclusion, both NordVPN and StrongVPN are great choices if you’re looking for a VPN that can unblock Netflix. However, NordVPN offers more server locations and is a better choice if you want to unblock other streaming services as well.
Another big concern for many users is torrenting. This activity can often result in an IP address becoming blacklisted. This can then lead to issues with accessing certain websites and services. In addition, some ISPs may throttle your connection speeds if they detect that you are torrenting. This can make it very difficult to keep up with the download speeds that you need.
Torrenting is a risky activity, but it can be made much safer by using a VPN. This is because a VPN will encrypt your traffic and route it through a server in another location. This makes it much more difficult for anyone to track your activities or block your IP address.
- Remember that torrents are illegal in many countries and you could be putting yourself at risk of prosecution if you are caught. Always check the laws in your country before torrenting.
- NordVPN and StrongVPN both allow torrenting on all their servers. This is great news for those who want to download files safely and securely.
- Moreover, both VPNs have Free SOCKS5 proxy and split tunneling. Split tunneling is a great feature that allows you to route some of your traffic through the VPN while other traffic goes directly to your ISP. This can be very useful if you want to torrent but don’t want all your traffic going through the VPN. 
- However, NordVPN also has dedicated P2P servers which are optimized for torrenting. This means that you will get the best possible speeds when downloading files. StrongVPN does not have dedicated P22 servers, but this is not a major issue as all their servers allow torrenting.
Both NordVPN and StrongVPN offer great features for those who want to download Torrents safely. However, NordVPN’s dedicated P22 servers give them a slight edge in this category. Moreover, NordVPN explicitly states that they allow torrenting on their servers and they have a strict no logs policy. This means that your identity is safe with them. In addition, their speeds are some of the best we’ve seen, so you won’t have to worry about your connection being too slow.
One more important thing to check before subscribing to a VPN service is whether it offers unlimited bandwidth or not. A lot of times, free VPN services tend to limit the amount of data you can use in a month. This can be extremely frustrating, especially if you are a power user who likes to stream videos or download large files.
In addition, some free VPNs will throttle your connection speed, which can also be quite frustrating. This means that your connection will be slower than it would be without the VPN.
Luckily, both NordVPN and StrongVPN offer unlimited bandwidth to their users. This means that you can use as much data as you want each month without having to worry about hitting a limit. In addition, neither NordVPN nor StrongVPN throttles your connection speed, so you can enjoy fast speeds no matter what you are doing.
If you are looking for a VPN that offers unlimited bandwidth and fast speeds, then NordVPN and StrongVPN are both great choices. However, there are a few other things to consider before making your decision. Read on to learn more about NordVPN and StrongVPN so that you can decide which one is right for you.
The next big thing we looked at was customer support. It should always be taken into account because, at the end of the day, you are trusting a VPN provider with your data. If something goes wrong or you need help, customer support should be there for you.
- NordVPN has excellent customer support. They have a live chat feature that is available on 24/7. They do have a very comprehensive FAQ section on their website, though. Moreover, there is a knowledge base where you can find video guides and setup tutorials. In addition, you can contact them via email. We used it several times and always received a quick and helpful response. The only downside is that they do not have a phone number that you can call.
- StrongVPN also offers great customer support. They have the same options as NordVPN: live chat, FAQ section, knowledge base, and email. We contacted them via live chat and received a quick response from a helpful customer support agent. The only downside is that their knowledge base is not as comprehensive as NordVPN.
In conclusion, both NordVPN and StrongVPN offer great customer support. However, NordVPN has a more comprehensive knowledge base.
Plans & Pricing
Finally, we come to the most important factor in any VPN service: pricing. NordVPN and StrongVPN both offer a variety of plans to choose from, but there are some key differences between the two that are worth considering.
NordVPN offers three different subscription plans: one month, one year, and two years. The longer the subscription, the cheaper it is. It offers three packages – Standard, Plus, and Complete.
- The Standard package is the most basic and includes all the essential features. If you just need a VPN for basic security and privacy, then this is the package for you.
- The Plus package includes all the features of the Standard package, plus some extra features: password manager and data scanner.
- The Complete package includes all the features of the Plus package, plus 1 terabyte of cloud storage. If you need a VPN for complete security and privacy, then this is the package for you.
Strong, on the other hand, offers only one package with all the features included.
The price is $10.99 per month, but you can get it for as low as $3.66 per month if you sign up for a year-long subscription.
You can get NordVPN for $3.49 per month if you sign up for a two-year-long subscription.
It is up to you to decide which package and VPN are best for you and your needs.
Is StrongVPN any good?
Yes, StrongVPN is a good VPN service. It has a strong focus on security and privacy, and it offers a free SOCKS proxy service. It also has a split tunneling feature that allows you to route some of your traffic through the VPN and some through your regular internet connection.
What is a strong DNS?
A strong DNS is a Domain Name System that is resistant to attack. It is designed to protect your privacy and prevent attackers from redirecting your traffic to malicious sites.
Useful Video: NordVPN vs StrongVPN – VPN Comparison – Which VPN is the best?
NordVPN is a great choice if you’re looking for a reliable VPN provider. The company has been around for a while and has a solid reputation. NordVPN offers a wide range of features, including military-grade encryption, a strict no-logs policy, and an automatic kill switch.
StrongVPN is another great option that offers similar features. However, StrongVPN loses a bit in almost every category when compared to NordVPN. The biggest difference is in the number of servers, with NordVPN having nearly five times as many server locations.
If you’re looking for the best possible VPN experience, NordVPN is a clear choice. However, you may prefer StrongVPN if you’re looking for another option.
However, it is up to you to decide which is the better VPN provider for your needs.
Both NordVPN and StrongVPN offer a great service, but it really comes down to what you need and wants from your VPN provider.
Do some research and read reviews to find the best possible VPN for you.
I hope this article helped you make a decision! Thanks for reading.